Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of pulling out my rear differential, cleaning it and replacing the seals because of water getting in. Where do you buy parts from? I usually go to babbitts but they want $50 for three measly seals, seems a little high to me.

Part numbers are 3235052 QT2 and 3235051 QT1

·
8,737 Posts
Here's a set of three All Balls seals for $40 + free shipping.
If you can get the old ones out intact you might match them up but I don't know how much you'd save for your effort.

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
I use either the dealership I work at, Ebay or Powersportsnation.com. I have used Partzilla and Bike Bandit in the past also. But with anything on line there is a delay for shipping. Wherever I can get the best price. For seals like that I would bet there is an aftermarket company that makes them. Judging by the price they charge, Polaris always seems to be very proud of their parts. Dealerships can usually get OEM parts in a few days an aftermarket next day if it's in a local warehouse. I have gotten parts from a small local shop too. The owner usually knows what he can get aftermarket. Small shops like that can get aftermarket parts in a day or two. Factory parts take more time since they have to get them from the dealership.

I have found that a responsible dealership doesn't always use Polaris parts either. For instance Polaris wants $389 for a starter but Moose sells one for $185 so we use that one since it's just as good. Seals are the same way. Talk to the service people and ask for their recommendation. If they don't recommend the best cheaper parts find another place to do business. They are looking for the profit only not what is best for the customer. Sometimes I search Ebay first and find out if an aftermarket part is available then get it from the dealership.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
I have many sources, but if I needed them quickly, I would get a QuadBoss or All Balls kit 25-2080-5 @40.70 to $45.20 depending on the source
If I was not in a hurry, I would order them from Polaris

Polaris sourced:
3235051 = MSRP $21.99 ea Triple lip Viton seal 40x80x10
3235052 = MSRP $20.99 ea Triple lip Viton seal 40x70x7
All measurements in millimeters (all bearings, seals and spark plugs are metric unless they are special inch design)

SKF (formerly Chicago Rawhide) - standard double lip seal in Viton part number 562739 in the 40x80x10 size for $34.36 ea
the 40x70x7 would be a 40x70x8 # 564626 @ $18.80

3235051 on Ebay $26.07
3235052 on Ebay $20.99

Happy hunting

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up going with the all balls kit off of amazon (since I have prime) I had completely forgot about them. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
21 Posts
OEM does not make parts. They buy them from someone else. They may or may not have higher manufacturing requirements. Just because it's in a Polaris box doesn't mean it always better.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
OEM does not make parts. They buy them from someone else. They may or may not have higher manufacturing requirements. Just because it's in a Polaris box doesn't mean it always better.
Who claimed OEM was better? We all know Polaris does not manufacture seals same as Ford does not manufacturer oil, but if you want your name on it, order a million units to your own specifications and the manufacturer will put any name you want on it. Manufactured to your specifications makes it yours and yours alone. With a copyright or a patent no one else will be selling a copy or a OEM replacement until the copyright or patent expire. They may sell a 'fits' item and it might be better or not as good.

SKF sells seals that fit, but they are double lip and not triple lip as specified by Polaris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts