Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres parks everywhere in the US but what parks have better mud holes than others? I like Busco Beach in NC. Ive watched that show "fishers atv world" before and it seems like the only thing he likes to do is cruise on a well groomed trail...seems pretty boring if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We play in parks here. Some places up north where the trails are actually 2 track and rugged. Nothing like your videos unfortunately. Fishers is a tour ride more than an adventure for sure.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Problem with Mud riding is there is always someone out there with a bigger Ride that digs out the ruts, and makes it harder and harder to make it through, LOL... We are pretty much forced to trail ride around here and just "KNOW" where some good holes are at... being they are drying everything up and widening for the big SxS's I have been reluctant to make mine into a bogger...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Problem with Mud riding is there is always someone out there with a bigger Ride that digs out the ruts, and makes it harder and harder to make it through, LOL... We are pretty much forced to trail ride around here and just "KNOW" where some good holes are at... being they are drying everything up and widening for the big SxS's I have been reluctant to make mine into a bogger...
I'll second that. Also making an all out mud machine kind of eliminates regular trail riding. At least makes it less enjoyable and harder to keep pace.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I live in FL so there is plenty of water and mud down here but its a lot of swamp riding too, but there isn't very many public places in FL to ride. But there is some big mud bogs such as Redneck Yacht Club and Hog Waller down in central FL.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Up here it is pretty hard to find a trail that doesn't have mud. The bad mud holes get wider every year as people try to go around them. In 3 years of riding I have only been on 1 trail where I wished I had a dust mask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problem finding mud or trails where I live. We just ride down our street cross the high way and there are lots of trails, most with mud XD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Taylor County Boondocks is a pretty good park even though I've only been once which was about 2 months ago. but I'm going this weekend again. They have about 70 miles of trails I think and a really big mud area. They are only open like every other month on a select weekend so if you want to come you'll have to get on down here. Event starts Friday and lasts through Sunday. It's in Butler, Georgia about 50 miles west of Macon.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Xtreme offroad beach and park or Creekside Edge. I prefer xtreme because of the mud, water, and hangout spots. Trails are usually fixed so that there not huge ruts and mud holes. Btw does anyone still mud in other parts of the country?ATVs or sxs?

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's hard to find a place to go mudding now a days. It really does completely mess up the grounds, any and all vegetation gets ripped up, blah blah blah. I've been ridding in failed housing developments for years, but they are being built up in this good economy. There are a lot of drainage ditches to ride in, but people don't like it much when you tear the crap out of stuff right behind their house.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only get that messyshtuff in the northern part of this state, but there are HUNDREDS of miles of dry, rocky and technical trails to choose from, all within 0-2 hrs drive
:wink

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can see where mudding the 4 wheeler out there might be a challenge. Last week, in 2 separate storms, we got 8", then 5" of rain the next day or so. We're all sand down here, water just drains straight down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts