Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Sportsman 400 HO. It was great until, after having it a couple years, my kid and his friends decided to thrash it. It has just a at for many years and I’ve decided to see if I can get it running. There is a fuel line that isn’t connected to anything and I can’t figure out where it goes. Can any of y’all help? (And, please, type slowly...I’m not super mechanical and know nothing about the ATV.) TIA
IMG_1604.jpg IMG_1605.jpg IMG_1606.jpg

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,832 Posts
I have a 2012 Sportsman 400 HO. It was great until, after having it a couple years, my kid and his friends decided to thrash it. It has just a at for many years and I’ve decided to see if I can get it running. There is a fuel line that isn’t connected to anything and I can’t figure out where it goes. Can any of y’all help? (And, please, type slowly...I’m not super mechanical and know nothing about the ATV.) TIA
View attachment 151233 View attachment 151234 View attachment 151235
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
The line may not be routed as it originally was and the carb does not to appear to be the original (original carb float bowl did not have lugs for mounting the carb to a gang of multiple carbs) - the line appears to be the transmission vent line and was simply routed high up on the frame to prevent water from entering the gear case. It was typically simply zip tied to an upper frame rail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts