Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to bother you again but does my 2000 250 Explorer have a circuit breaker somewhere? Where is it?

Does it have anything to do with the 4WD, even remotely?

Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know about the explorer, but if its like my 1999 sportsman the fuses are in little black pouches inline with the wires to keep the mud out, they are supposedly self-resetting, but sometimes they stop working and have to be replaced.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see from my wiring schematic that there is a "circuit breaker" by the starter solenoid. I didn't realize those things in the black tube in line with the wires were automatically resettable. I thought they were plain old fuses.

The reason I asked is when I start plowing, after a half hour or less, my 4WD stops working and I have to let it sit for a half hour before the 4WD starts again. Just like a circuit breaker wearing out. I guess I'm going to have to wait for a warm day to take off the top cover plastic and check these things out.

Thanks for your speedy reply!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Check to see if battery is charging , should show 13.5 -14.5 at battery when revved up a little, you will need a multimeter.,Sounds like winch is drawing battery down when plowing, then awd quits .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but I use a manual lift---it's the only exercise my left arm gets! I have a list of other "fixes" provided by members a while ago but I have not had a chance to try any yet because of cold weather and 3' of snow.

That's why I got wondering about a circuit breaker gone bad.

For now, I bought a snowblower.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I would still check the battery and charging first for the awd problem, have to have a good battery for it to work right, if that checks out ok , the circuit breaker is in a black pouch, in wiring harness, probably under the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts