Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to quads and every thing about them I have a 2013 Sportsman 500 H.O. and I do not know where my pull start is.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow. That's pretty dumb, but thanks I will look into it

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
2009 was the last year they put on a pull start

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think it was 08 but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure the 08 one will fit yours.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yea you could be right, mine has one and my fathers 2010 doesn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you think a 2008 pull start will work on my bike

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
They fit the '12s. I've seen two pull handle clocking positions. I liked the older clocking that rotates the handle more forward on the bike away from the sharp sheet metal exhaust guard.

I'd thoroughly clean the aluminum housing and replace the wear parts: stock pull handle that's molded over the rope, sintererd starter bushing, the plastic spool bushing, and the tiny pawl return spring.

I used an '02 500 recoil housing gasket and didn't have a problem with the bendix bottoming/binding against the housing.

The pull handle seals the housing very well as long as it's not cracked, it's pushed down over the steel nipple, and it fits snug. I've wiped Sil Glyde on the nipple and handle twice a year or so to keep the handle from sticking.
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48488 1999 Recoil installed on '12 500HO
From orbit via Android.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts