Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 Polaris magnum 425 4x4 i am trying to find the vin but no one seems to know where to look or how long it is.
i have found numbers on the rh side

but i am being told they are not the vin.
the vin generally has a comb of numbers and letters even the old shorter ones.
any help would be nice

·
Registered
348 Posts
should be on the bottom frame rail on the left side right behind the a-arm. 10 digit's

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i have a 95 Polaris magnum 425 4x4 i am trying to find the vin but no one seems to know where to look or how long it is.

any help would be nice
2573628 is a polaris VIN # that belongs to a 1995 Magnum 425 4x4. it was produced on 5/31/1995 and first purchased on 7/31/2005.

·
Registered
348 Posts

any help would be nice
2573628 is a polaris VIN # that belongs to a 1995 Magnum 425 4x4. it was produced on 5/31/1995 and first purchased on 7/31/2005.
dang your good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i find out who has the title or where it was registured first? i am trying to get a title so i can use it on the streets here.
thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
dang your good
thanks, dealer site access, its kinda like cheating though

how do i find out who has the title or where it was registured first? i am trying to get a title so i can use it on the streets here.
thanks for the help
you need to take that VIN # to your local department of licensing. they will run the VIN# and tell you the last registared owner of the machine. cross your fingers at this point the machine has never been reported stolen. if the guy you bought if from didnt ever transfer the machine in his name, this will be a headache.

the last registareded owner will need to reapply for a lost title, then sign a realease of interest form on the machine, releasing interest to you. you will then need to take the title and release of interest form back, where you should be able to get a new title issued in your name.

i cant tell you who first owned it, as that is a conflict in confidentiality, but i can say it was first registared to a gentleman in minnesota, so you have some work ahead of you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dang your good
thanks, dealer site access, its kinda like cheating though

thanks for the help
you need to take that VIN # to your local department of licensing. they will run the VIN# and tell you the last registared owner of the machine. cross your fingers at this point the machine has never been reported stolen. if the guy you bought if from didnt ever transfer the machine in his name, this will be a headache.

the last registareded owner will need to reapply for a lost title, then sign a realease of interest form on the machine, releasing interest to you. you will then need to take the title and release of interest form back, where you should be able to get a new title issued in your name.

i cant tell you who first owned it, as that is a conflict in confidentiality, but i can say it was first registared to a gentleman in minnesota, so you have some work ahead of you.
Blueline15, can you please help me? I have read this thread and need some help. I had a Polaris Explorer 500 stolen from me 12 years ago and think I have just found it!! I need some help with the VIN. I am the original owner and no longer have the paperwork proving this. Can you check it to see if it's really mine???
the only #s I've found is a sticker under the seat that says "model number" W97CD50A 7076660

I KNOW it's mine from some mods I had done, but I have to PROVE it.
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Duptain, if you can get me the VIN#, i can check it. Likely, if you are the original owner, you are probably still listed as that on the polaris dealer site. Not many people change that when the get a used quad. The model # wont help as all explorer 500's of that year and color will all have the same number, and the 7076660 is not a valid VIN#. If you can get me a correct VIN, i can likely get you the info you need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help with paper work

Can I have some help too please,I just got a 1995 magnum2 x4 425 I am looking to get the title.I got it from a old man that had it at his old hunting club and do's he do's not have any paper work for it? Or know where it came from.if you can help at all thanks a lot.I Found some numbers today on the magnum. 2541648. 0011995. W957544. THANKS AGAIN IF YOU CAN HELP

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Dom Is2, I cant really help you at all, except for tell you that 2541648 is your VIN#. You are going to have to start with your local DOL office and give them that number to find out who the last legal owner of the machine was. And then, you are going to have to find them, even if they are cross country, and get that last legal owner to either apply for a lost title in his name to sign to you, or if that last owner can not be found or is dead, you will likely have to wait 3-5 years before it can be registerd with you. Polaris doesnt keep track of owners, only info on the machine is all. If the machine was last registared to an owner in a state that doesnt issue a title, you will have to ask your DOL people what paperwork they need from the last owner (like a release of interest form) signed so you can register it.

You have a mess on your hands buying a machine without paperwork. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vin help

I too have a Polaris ATV that im having trouble with.
Previous owner told me it was a 1995 Scrambler 4x4 400. How ever it has a headlight like the Trail Blazer and now I have no idea what year/model it is. It IS a 400 and it IS 4x4.
VIN # is 2569468

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
look near the gear shifter for a decal that has a model number on it beginning with a W followed by numbers. From that you can determine what model it is.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
I too have a Polaris ATV that im having trouble with.
Previous owner told me it was a 1995 Scrambler 4x4 400. How ever it has a headlight like the Trail Blazer and now I have no idea what year/model it is. It IS a 400 and it IS 4x4.
VIN # is 2569468
That Vin is a 1995 Scrambler 400 4x4. Somebody easily could of put a trailboss fender on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got a explorer 400 4x4 an need to know the year model to get a book an matinance...only numbers i could find was near shifter on frame,..*2581051* an w959140...looked on left side near a-frame but no numbers i can find,..please help!!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i got a explorer 400 4x4 an need to know the year model to get a book an matinance...only numbers i could find was near shifter on frame,..*2581051* an w959140...looked on left side near a-frame but no numbers i can find,..please help!!
I know we already discussed this via PM, but for everyone else, it is a 1995, it says so in the model #. w959140. The first two, 95 is a 1995. a W03 would be a 2003. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need VIN help with 1992 Polaris 350 water cooled

two stroke atv. The decal on the headlight housing shows a date of 02 1992 and another number set of 200(fourth digit looks like a 6 or an 8) 525. I need to get suspension and steering parts for it. Anybody want the engine?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, just got my first Polaris: Magnum 425 6x6. early model, but not sure how early that's the problem...

I'm struggling to find a VIN as the Polaris online diagrams are pretty shady when it gets back to the 95-2000 models (which i think mine is)... if you've got any clues it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
If it's 95 or 96, it's a 7 digit number starting with a 'W' followed by the year (W95 or W96) and a 4 digit model number - there was no Magnum 6x6 in 95 and a 96 would be a W968744 - the number is typically on the RH frame down tube kinda below and maybe kinda behind the shifter box.

If it's 97 or later, its a 17 digit number typically starting 4XA on the LH lower frame tube just in front of the floorboard behind the L front tire - each digit is formed with a series of dimples - one person found it by rubbing the frame with their fingers and said it appeared to be Braille.

Let me know what you find and I can decode it for you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh brill thanks, I'll give it a go. The serial numbers on the parts all seem to start with 97? Would that be a reliable indicator if I can't find the vin?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts