Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a white tank beside the oil fill. Do I fill the radiator coolant there or the silver cap located under the rack in the fuse cover on a 2009 sportsman 500. I don't know which coolant is which. What is each cap used for filling? Is the sliver cap for the radiator?

·
Registered
326 Posts
To drain just pull the lower radiator hose and let it drain, after that fill up the radiator with the silver cap and also the white bottle. Run the machine with the radiater cap( silver ) off so you can purge the air out of the system. Check level before and after riding.

Fill with green 50/50 coolant

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm in charge of the atv maintenance at my house so I am learning how to do all of this stuff

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How do I flush old coolant out. Do I need to flush before putting the new coolant in? How do I remove coolant from the white tank

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you unscrew the tank from the frame you can tip it over and drain it out. Obviously you would have to take the cap off and the little insert out first.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you unscrew the tank from the frame you can tip it over and drain it out. Obviously you would have to take the cap off and the little insert out first.
Thanks thats what I did I just filled it screwed it on but had to refill it after running the atv

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help draining coolant from a 2008 Polaris sportsman 400 ho and I don’t know where to drain it from. The overflow or the radiator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts