Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Morning,

What a beautiful day to be on the tails, too bad I'm in the office today. I recently moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota and I'm looking for great places to ride (haul to) with multiple trail systems and destinations to stop along the way (i.e. - Resorts, restaurants, gas stations, lakes). Thank you in advance for any information provided!

See ya on the trails,
PolarisAddict

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
Plenty of people on here from MN, I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We generally ride the Pine Center trails (west of Onamia, south of Garrison). Not the largest trail system (30ish miles) but so far I still love riding them. There are 3 bars/restaurants accessible via ATV on the loop and we can ride right out of a buddies cabin so that makes it easier. There is also a gas station or two you can get to via ATV.

Red Top just outside of Wahkon is also fun, but riding the Soo Line to get there is boring as hell.

Nemadji is also really fun and I believe you can cross over into WI but I have never explored that much. I know a few others on here might be able to shed more light on that trail system.

I have also recently tried the Appleton ATV park (Western MN), but I honestly got kind of bored going in circles with no destination to look forward to.

I live in Mpls as well so we have to tow to location every time we ride. But none of these places are horribly far to get some miles on.

I have never ridden the North Shore trails on ATV but I can only imagine it is like HEAVEN! That is my primary sledding location and you can not beat the scenery and terrain.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We also live in Minneapolis and when we want to get out for a quick trip and ride we head for Pine City. Probably the closest place to ride, just an hour north on I-35.

The Chengwatana state forest, just out of Pine City, has about 20 miles worth of trails, but seems like a lot more because they criss-cross and loop back and forth. We were up there last week and rode for about 6 hours. They've had lots of rain lately, so there are lots of puddles, and mud if you want. We usually bring the guns too, because they have a nice shooting range area also. Camping nearby if needed. Pine City has anything you need, food, gas, alcohol, etc.

Sometimes we go a little farther north to the Hinckley area. We park just east of there in the tiny town of Cloverdale then do some ditch riding. You can ride east about 25 miles to Danbury, WI, then jump on the Gandy Dancer trail which will take you all the way to Superior WI. From the Gandy Dancer trail you can also get onto the trails in the St. Croix state forest or Nemadji state forest. We did this ride earlier this spring and put on about 125 miles. Gas in Hinckley, Danbury, and along Hwy. 48 on the way to Danbury. Food in Hinckley or Danbury. IMG_1313.JPG

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Our family really enjoys the Round Lake Trail System (couple stops... I recommend the "Stompin' Grounds" Bar / near town of Akeley and Spider Lake System (no 'stops' tho just trails).... but this may be a little more of a drive then your looking for as a destination from the cities area.

Contact member "Lollygagger77"... he's down in your area (North-West area of cities) and rides they systems down that way quite a bit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've ridden in Spyder lake a few times , there's no stops but it's a really fun day of ridin. Wilderness park in leader,MN is pretty fun but short lived. But you can ride from there to Spyder in 15minutes. I disagree with the other fella that said Appleton is boring. I always have a good time there. Yes it is a small trail system but they have all kinds of different skill level trails and a Motocross track. The trail system around the leader, Nimrod, Ackley area is a great all day ride with a good place to stop in wahoo valley for a burger.. Soo line trail is boring but fast.. there's tons of places to ride in Minnesota north of hwy 10. Jack and/or sh$t south of hwy10 other then Appleton. It's worth the drive if you want half day of riding.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to all of the members who chimed in on this thread. I now have a hand full of great ideas for places to ride and I look forward to getting out on some "local" trails!

See ya on the trails!
PolarisAddict

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crooked is right, there is nothing wrong with Appleton. I just prefer having a destination. You can definitely have fun out there and I am sure you could make a day of it! Just not my thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts