Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
where to ride

This is my 1st ATV, 2015 POLARIS 570,I live in Staten Island NY, (no where to ride) looking for places in New Jersey as close to Outerbridge and Goethals Bridge as possible. Looking to take my 11yr old son as well. We are both 1st timers. I know how to ride but looking to do simple trails and open areas for him to learn and get the hang of it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I use Find ATV Parks, Motorcycle Trails, and Motocross Tracks, not sure if someone already posted that. I also look at the DNR for Michigan, Wisconsin, and Indiana since Illinois doesn't have too many public places to ride. There are some private spots which I frequent but always looking for more places to ride. Thanks for the other links to those who posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Most of the northeast states suck when it comes to legal ORV trails specially in NY where we have to pay a registration for a vehicle that we cant legally ride anywhere.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Most of the northeast states suck when it comes to legal ORV trails specially in NY where we have to pay a registration for a vehicle that we cant legally ride anywhere.
We Ride in NY alot
Where are you located?
Lots of legal trails up by Owls Head
But mostly we ride just south of Binghamton(Windsor area). 2 weeks ago was probably the last trip up till the spring thaw.There was 15" of snow and thats about the limit due to its all mountain climbing. The following week there was another 24" on the picnic table. and the snow was to the bottom of the windows. So we headed to owlshead with the sleds.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I feel pretty fortunate here in Idaho. Hundreds and hundreds of miles of old logging roads and trails in the National Forests, as well as hundreds of miles of trails and roads on BLM desert lands. Our resident machines need a plate which is good for 5 years, along with an annual sticker, $10 or $12 bucks. I have never read up on the requirements for out of state machines. Here is a link if you ever make it out here:
Idaho Off Highway Vehicle Recreation Guide: Areas, Parks, and Trails, Registration and Associations

I spend a lot of time in areas 1, 40 & 41 (desert lands) because it's only a 45 minute drive from my house. If I want forest lands, I head up towards area 24 (about 1-1/2 hours from home), but to be quite honest most riding is done in areas that are legal and accessible that are not even listed on the map. Many hours, days and miles ridden and I haven't even scratched the surface of what's available here. Love it!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anybody got a website or app for Canadian trails ? Would definitely like to find some new terrain in Ontario.

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts

We rode at Lake Jackson (Redneck Beach) on Saturday and then today, rode at Town Creek ORV trails in Greensboro. Great time at both places!

Boondocks ORV park is reopening in July in GA as well. I am from Griffin, but haven't ridden on redneck beach yet in Jackson. I've ridden on Giles Ferry road though by the Ocmulgee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know it is distance for you to travel, but Fireco West Virginia has smooth paths and hard paths. It is all free riding, my 9 year old road there and he is a first time rider, he tore it up!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts