Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations on places to ride in SE Michigan. Would also be interested in information on ATV/off road clubs that may have group rides.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
257 Posts
I live in Michigan near the thumb. The farthest south I have ridden is the Mounds off-road park in Genessee. I don't really care to ride there anymore as it is pretty torn up from the big mud trucks that go in there. Other than that the closest trail systems south are St. Helen and Gladwin trails. We mostly ride north in our group.

As far as off-road clubs I am a member of ATVOC which is atvoffroad.net . This is a great group of guys and girls. This group is very family oriented and do club rides in Michigan as well as a couple out of state. Highly recommend joining. The club takes care of a couple of trail systems up north. Those are Red Bridge and Bummers Roost right by Black Lake.

The group did a ride 2 weekends ago in Leota and it was a blast. Take a look at the site. My Sig is Loomis on that site.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
862 Posts
There isn't crap around port huron but thankfully a friend has 25 acres with trails to play in. Other then that I head up to Oscoda or roscommon.

Mounds has went to hell unless you have tires taller than you lol. Went there this summer and spent most of the time parked because the ruts would eat my jeep!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yea I feel the same about the mounds...nice park and everything but I went there with the family over thanksgiving in the jeep and all we could really do is sit unless you got friends to go trail riding with. Here's a pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts