Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SP 570 Touring. South La/MS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a cell phone mount on my 2015 570 Touring?

I ran a quick search, but the links are old.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,120 Posts
Ram
Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ram quick grip.
I bought the fancy one that charges you phone wirelessly.

Not worth it. It doesn't charge fast enough to maintain batter level during heavy usage. I.E., GPS app on, backlogs on full time.

Buy the basic mount and use your own charger. I use a enuine Motorola 12v adapter and USB cord and it charges flawlessly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
13,771 Posts
Its usually turned off and stuffed my fender. Most places I ride there is no signal anyway so you're just wasting battery power if its left on. I'm out there to ride, not yak on the phone.
Having said all that, some folks do use their phones for GPS and that's a different story.
If you need/want it on the handlebars then get the best. Get a RAM mount OP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! I just found this forum and signed up a few minutes ago.

I'm trying to research snow tires / tracks for my Sportsman 850, and figured I'd pipe in to this thread. My first post here!

I bought a TruActive Premium Bike Phone Mount Holder for $15 on Amazon. Model TA-PH004. I'm quite happy with it. It has solid elastics to hold my iPhone in place. It doesn't charge the phone or anything, but it does the job!

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: Law Guy

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Ram mounts are the toughest

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a small, watertight box (similar to a pelican) that fits nicely in my storage box.....

I think Jerry is working on a new mount to put the TV on his quad......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SP 570 Touring. South La/MS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took everyone’s advice and ordered the RAM mount. Installation was straight forward and it feels sturdy.
We’ll find out Friday if it works as advertised.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Office equipment Audio equipment

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant

@FPD218: How do you have your mirror mounted?
My mount is not fitting between the brake reservoir and the handlebar.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Same one I have, you will like it. I have a much newer atv 2019 mirrors fit no problem

·
Registered
107 Posts
Another vote for RAM. I've got the X-Mount. I don't have my Sportsman 800 anymore, since I sold it a couple years back for a paramotor.

I've been using the RAM mount while flying - it's awesome! Just have to be careful where the grippers grip the phone. On my very first flight during training down in Wauchula, FL, the arms pressed the right sequence of buttons on my iPhone 11, and dialed 911! My nickname down there is now "Smitty 911", lol. The sheriff showed up at the airport, and my wife got a notification on her phone that I had dialed 911, and also displayed a map with a pin dropped in the middle of the airport - she thought I crashed! We can laugh about it now, but at that moment it wasn't very funny. My instructor may have got another potential trainee out of the deal at least. :D

Back in the beginning of October I screwed up a launch BAD (didn't notice my wing was unstable and oscillating badly), and crashed when I gave it full throttle in an attempt to take off. The trike went sideways to the right, then violently snapped left, right wheel hooked into the tall grass and violently whipped me into the ground, shattering my propeller & the 4th metacarpal in my right hand. The RAM mount wasn't even phased!! My phone was STILL in place after all of that!! It got WHIPPED. If it can stay intact during that, it'll survive damn near anything.

Thought I had some pictures of it, but turns out I don't. You guys can enjoy these ones at least. You might be able to see it next to my left leg in the last pic, if you have a microscope handy, lol.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Light Medical imaging Font Radiology Medical

Computer Computer monitor Personal computer Light Output device

Sky Parachute Cloud Paragliding Parachuting

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts