Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of fuel does everyone burn. I have a sportsman 700 twin and have heard lot of stuff about ethanol,non-ethanol and different octanes so was just wondering what most run.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you can`t respect what others post or ask on here you need to find another place to spend your time. yeah I know I hear it a lot, there is a place to search what you`re looking but you may not find exactly what you are looking.thanks that`s my .02 :yahootongue:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I run 87 and every time I fill up I put about a cap full of the marine grade (blue in color) Stabil. I did the same thing to my Harley and it made it run a lot smoother.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
if you can`t respect what others post or ask on here you need to find another place to spend your time. yeah I know I hear it a lot, there is a place to search what you`re looking but you may not find exactly what you are looking.thanks that`s my .02 :yahootongue:
Dig the stick out of your ass!

Ok,....I'll comment. Ethenol free gas, generally 89 octane, along with Marine Stabil.

·
Registered
679 Posts
So what are you looking for? This topic has been beat to death. "there is a place to search", yeah use it. If you don;t know how to use, don;t take it out on others. You can keep your two cents too.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I see this getting hostile for no reason at all lol. I agree on both parties...use the search first then ask...but also dont dog on a guy for asking a question. We have all asked a beat up question. cant we all get along :trink4:
and i run 87 octane in mine and run seafoam a cpl time through out the winter

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I use 87 octane ..but I use top tier gas...shell..exxon..bp...texaco...and few others...they have detergent additives an stabilizers....but I still add Marine stable every fill an also seafoam about twice a month to add extra cleaning...but recently my mechanic has switched from sea foam to a product by STP...he claims you can actually notice a difference when used.....I am still a sea foam guy..but will try this..its cheaper also...

Motor Treatment by STP® | Multipurpose Motor Treatment

·
Registered
978 Posts
I use 87 octane ..but I use top tier gas...shell..exxon..bp...texaco...and few others...they have detergent additives an stabilizers....but I still add Marine stable every fill an also seafoam about twice a month to add extra cleaning...but recently my mechanic has switched from sea foam to a product by STP...he claims you can actually notice a difference when used.....I am still a sea foam guy..but will try this..its cheaper also...

Motor Treatment by STP® | Multipurpose Motor Treatment
Just courious on why u add stabile every fill up? And seafoam so often or don't the wheeler get a lot of use so your just keeping the gas clean

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the wheeler gets used daily...in rain..snow..mud...the gas get warmed as you use it...then when its shut off it cools..an can condensate..plus ethanol is a moisture sponge I have seen phase seperation in gas in less than a week untreated...ever see a gas can swell in heat an get sucked in after it cools...check the gas...I run the sea foam to keep the internals clean mostly..rings..valves..carb...

ever use sea foam to de carb a car engine an clean it..run a can thru your vac line going to brake booster till it stalls...then let it set 30 minutes...start it....smokes like you never seen....burns off all the carbon inside...but then you MUST change oil after...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok thanks to the guys that don't mind replying.....seems like a lot of you are running 87 with sea foam, where is the best place to get it. thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
ok thanks to the guys that don't mind replying.....seems like a lot of you are running 87 with sea foam, where is the best place to get it. thanks
any auto parts....even lowes carries it.....Adavanced Auto is running a special this week....buy one an half off the other...I have to buy by the gallon..I use it my chainsaws...chippers...power equipment..trucks..cars...list goes on

·
Registered
978 Posts
Id try walmart to..cheap stuff there. This is a great site to get all the info u need

·
Registered
526 Posts
We got a new station in town at Christmas and they pump 90 octane ethanol free gas so that is our new standard. Was using 87 non ethanol before.

Per 2002 Magnum Polaris shop manual 89 is min octane to run in the 325/500 engines unless it is pure gas then 87 is OK.

Are those of you running 87 oxygenated seeing any early damage? The manual just said do not do it but did not state why.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
the wheeler gets used daily...in rain..snow..mud...the gas get warmed as you use it...then when its shut off it cools..an can condensate..plus ethanol is a moisture sponge I have seen phase seperation in gas in less than a week untreated...ever see a gas can swell in heat an get sucked in after it cools...check the gas...I run the sea foam to keep the internals clean mostly..rings..valves..carb...

ever use sea foam to de carb a car engine an clean it..run a can thru your vac line going to brake booster till it stalls...then let it set 30 minutes...start it....smokes like you never seen....burns off all the carbon inside...but then you MUST change oil after...
Please tell us how the gas gets warmed as you use it. The gas gets burned as you use it, and no additive is needed in a machine that gets daily use....period

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok so I actually have a legit question. Why are some of you using Marine Stabil instead of the regular Stabil. I have always used the regular stabil for my cars, atv's, and such. What is the advantage?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts