Polaris ATV Forum banner

Which is the better buy?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Sprotsman 
#1 ·
I’m looking at a 2016 Sportsman 1000 with 2,300 miles on it for $7,800 and a 2019 850 with only 14 hours on it for $8,500. Which is the better buy? Newer that’s barely been driven vs older with a better engine? And how long do Polaris ATVs last in general? Need help deciding thanks.

#3 ·
^^^^^^^^^^Agreed.

But going with the choices the 850!!!

Reactions: Sprotsman
#5 ·
Why would think that the 1000 is a "better" engine than the 850? More horsepower, I'll give you that, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better engine. If you've never ridden an 850 or 1000, hold on to your hat because they both pack a punch you soon won't forget. Personally I'd go with the newer one only because I like the newer body styling look of the newer ones. As far as longevity, like anything, maintenance is key. All bikes have their issues and Popo's are no different. You treat it well and it will return the favour.

#9 ·
To that point I foresee a ton of used wheelers to hit the market in the near future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.