Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Glad you got it & you are going to enjoy having EFI. Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Glad you got it & you are going to enjoy having EFI. Thank you for your service!
Thank you so much, and for the first time in ages I'm really excited and not feeling so down. I used to live and breathe for anything outdoors, ran circles around kids half my age. Could Freedive 70' for 2:30 on a breath and spear fished 2-3x week. Can't even ride my incredible mountain bike anymore. I really needed this boost!
I really appreciate you folks on this board. God Bless you all (we can still say that, right?) :)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
... God Bless you all (we can still say that, right?) :)
Perfect choice - atta boy! That's exactly what i would've done and why. And yes - Peace Be With You Always. :^)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, got the dust rinsed off and took some pics. Runs sweet, can't believe the power and torque compared to my 96... Have question about EDC, but asked Vandal about it and I'm confident he can educate me on whether it's a problem or not... This dang ipad will only upload one pic at a time, so following posts are just pics... Sorry bout that.
I think for $3600 and free $300+ ramps I got a pretty good deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did all 08's come with pull start? Bout tore my arm off when it recoiled, but sure glad to have it. Always wanted it on my old one..

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Okay, last one.
Thanks for bearing with me. Wondering if a 6 yr old machine with low miles and in damp climate (Washington State near Seattle) means I should have it checked out? Wrench blinks a bunch when first started up, then goes off. I'm going to grease up the zerk fitted parts, but wonder about CV boots. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
You may want to put dielectric grease on the sparkplug & inside the sparkplug boot to help keep moisture out. The EFI can be a little sensitive. The blinking wrench is a service reminder. You can reset it no big deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks, just curious, why the dielectric grease? Runs great, and I'm in a dry climate now. Is that to help when fording creeks, mud holes, etc? I love dielectric grease, use the heck out of it (boat mostly, but many electrical connections subject to water exposure). Was told not to use on my motorcycles and scooter, they said it can cause spark jump if it gets smeared around inside boot, and Sparkplug boots supposedly watertight seal.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Thanks, just curious, why the dielectric grease? Runs great, and I'm in a dry climate now. Is that to help when fording creeks, mud holes, etc? I love dielectric grease, use the heck out of it (boat mostly, but many electrical connections subject to water exposure). Was told not to use on my motorcycles and scooter, they said it can cause spark jump if it gets smeared around inside boot, and Sparkplug boots supposedly watertight seal.
Yes for mud holes etc. My 500 would shut off or spit & sputter right after any kind of water contact before. Now no problems at all. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Okay, last one.
Thanks for bearing with me. Wondering if a 6 yr old machine with low miles and in damp climate (Washington State near Seattle) means I should have it checked out? Wrench blinks a bunch when first started up, then goes off. I'm going to grease up the zerk fitted parts, but wonder about CV boots. Let me know what you think.
It should be fine. My '04.5 700 has lived outside under a cover it's entire life and no issues. If the CV boots aren't showing signs of leaking grease I wouldn't worry about it. Just inspect from time to time.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
^x2

These machines are designed to be used in adverse conditions to a limit. but there are ways to improve on that to make them into what ever you'd like. that being said, the stock configuration is pretty stout. If there isn't a problem don't fix it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts