Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been reading about a lot of rectifier problems (since mine has gone kaput) but the census says that the cheapo's on ebay and amazon dont last.
The only 2 I found mentioned worth looking at are RMStator and ElectroSport.

Any body have experience good or bad with either of these, or can recommend any others ?

I'm looking for a bit more confidence before I buy.
2001 sportsman 500 RSE

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Ive bought from RMStator and Rick's Motorsports Electric. Never any issues and from what I could tell from looking at the parts they looked quality.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I use Rick's and Electrosport almost exclusively - I have even changed connectors to adapt a rec/reg from one vehicle to another - i.e. changed the connector on a Honda CB900 motorcycle rec/reg to make it connect to a Linhai scooter. It was physically larger, but there was adequate room to mount in the original location and the bolt holes matched up. No problem with that one since. One thing I like about Rick's, is they have a warranty - I got one that was defective right out of the box - informed them, got RA, sent it to them and it was promptly replaced - down side, had to wait about a week for the back and forth.

·
Registered
708 Posts
They didn’t list one for my ‘17 570, only had it for the RZR’s. But aside from the harness they are the same. I called them and they made one for me. They are now in production for 570’s. I’ll bet harness length is close enough. Call them, they’ll work with you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had 1 from Rmstator fail too. They want me to send it back and they will look at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use Rick's and Electrosport almost exclusively - I have even changed connectors to adapt a rec/reg from one vehicle to another - i.e. changed the connector on a Honda CB900 motorcycle rec/reg to make it connect to a Linhai scooter. It was physically larger, but there was adequate room to mount in the original location and the bolt holes matched up. No problem with that one since. One thing I like about Rick's, is they have a warranty - I got one that was defective right out of the box - informed them, got RA, sent it to them and it was promptly replaced - down side, had to wait about a week for the back and forth.
I just received my Electrosport rectifier, but one of the yellow wires on my old one has a red stripe and this new one does not. How do I know which one goes where ? Does it make a difference with the yellow wires ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts