Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys ive looked around and cant find any info so asking for opinions. Im tryin to choose between 28" moto mtc's or cst wild thangs for my new 850 sportsman. I kno how the mtcs work for sand, mud, and trails cuz 3 of my family members have them on their 850s but i have no clue on the wild thangs so any info and opinions are appreciated!!! Thanks

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Where do you & what type of trail conditions do you ride? I'd say a good all-round would be the "moto mtc's"..... but if more mud play then go with the "wild thang's". But that's just my visual opinion between the two, no actual seat time with either set.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the look, but if I recall correctly, the MTCs are very heavy for a bias tire. After a quick look, I can't seem to find much info on the weight of the CSTs. Didn't look that hard though. These two tires are built around two different purposes too, so it's hard to say which is truly a better tire. If you have friends with the CSTs and they can vouch for them, that's a plus.

If you are looking for a 6 ply bias tire, the Maxxis Zilla may be a better fit for your needs.

There are better all around tire options to consider too: Kenda Bearclaw HTR, GBC Spartacus & Grim Reapers, STI Blackdiamonds XTR, etc.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
If the MTC's work well for where and how you ride, based on how they work for the rest of your family, why not just stick with them? It's fun to try something new and different, but tires aren't cheap to experiment with. If you go with what you know works, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Im just the type to go against the grain. Ive always been the one with outlaws and lifts when everybody in my fam hated um cuz of " the rough ride" lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts