Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 570 sportsman during the spring sales event. Real good deal ($5388 plus tax). But anyway, I don’t plan on doing much muddling. Mostly country roads asphalt, trails and semi hard packed dunes. I want to go ahead and get some tires. Which tires should I get? I want to definitely stay away from any tread pattern that would cause a lot of vibration at higher speeds. Right now I’m looking at some 27” swamp lites with 14” itp black wheels. I will also be putting a 2” high lifter lift on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I can tell you to stay away from the mega mayhems then lol.. kenda HTRs look pretty decent and are a good all around AT tire...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
swamp lites are a good tire.But heavy and wear fast....
Exactly. For hard pack and roads you should make another choice.
Find a six ply radial.

·
Registered
102 Posts
swamp lites are a good tire.But heavy and wear fast....
Exactly. For hard pack and roads you should make another choice.
Find a six ply radial.

The Swamper Vampire II tires from Interco are a 6 ply and they ride pretty nice on hard pack and they have a kick A$$ look, also if you do get off road they hook up very well in a lot of conditions. Not sure how long they will wear on tar roads is the only question? I think there are not very many ATV tires that are going to fair very well on tar roads, IMO
I have them and love them, I also did a write up on them with pictures on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Bighorns
Bighorn 2.0
Bearclaw
Bearclaw HTRs
Zillas
I agree with the Bighorns and the Bearclaw HTR's. Both are great all terrain tires, and wear great. The BH 2.0 will wear faster with the smaller tread lugs, and the regular Bearclaw, while a good tire, isn't a radial and won't ride or wear as well. On my X2, I went from regular Bearclaws to Bighorns and it was a night and day difference.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
I've got 0 complaints about the STI Black Diamonds. I've got the ATR's and even those are surprisingly aggressive for a trail tire. The XTrs have an even more aggressive tread/lug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts