Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install but both look good?

Warn XT30 or Superwinch Terra 35??

Superwinch is bigger and cheaper through Amazon and looks great?

Please help and opinion, crawled the forum and a lot about Warn.

Thanks folks, Jim

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the Warn XT25 and have no problems with (used quite a bit lately). If they have the rebate going as well, Get the WARN!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, with my luck, I believe the rebate is over?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got a cabelas trail tamer 2500 it's essentially a warn rt 2500 with a cabelas sticker on it. I got it for 199 when it was on sale.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Maybe think of getting one with Synthetic rope instead of cable. If it snaps it won't cut you in 1/2.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the XT30 and couldn't be more happier. I mostly ride with just me and my kid and his 90 gets stuck in the mud quite a bit in the areas that we ride. with the wireless remote I can be 20 or 30 feet from my quad while lifting or steering his quad out of the muck and operating the winch at the same time.

I also considered the terra 35 with synthetic rope but, the only wireless remote I could find from superwinch cost 240.00 bucks plus the cost of the winch.

If you don't need wireless remote, just get the xt25. It's the same as the XT30, I believe.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I saw this review, IDK for the money you may check it out...

Sorry I don’t know how to paste the link for the original but you should be able to search with this "Harbor Freight Badlands 3000lb winch review"

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like it, its gotten me out of some deep mud and up a 50* slope.
I used it this past weekend to lift up hogs to skin them (180-200lb)
I paid $130 for it + 30 or so for an extended 2 year warranty.

My brother in law just baught the 2000lb unit they had on sale for $50 and he used it once to get out of an almost 75* incline. ( he was riding at night and did not see a creek drop off)

·
Registered
455 Posts
look at the Viper Elite as well great winch, great customer service, and comes with wireless remote included

·
Registered
113 Posts
Warn hands down the best, most reliable, best warranty you can get..... I have three, a 12000 on my Titan, an 8000 on my jeep, and a 3500 on my scooter

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 for the viper. I've installed two for my father in law that get the dog snot beaten out of them which Why I Picked one up for myself. 3000 lb for 99 bucks on eBay. If you need a name brand and have endless supplies of money then buy a warn or super winch. They're a great winch. If you want a inexpensive winch that works, then take a look at viper. I'm sure the argument will be made, do you really want to trust a cheap winch when your stuck deep in the woods. I've seen what two different vipers have been through. I trust them. Hell, they both replace broken warns.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
I would go with the Warn, and save some money and get the XT25 instead of the XT30. The XT25 has all the pull you need, and if you add a snatch block to your gear you can double your line pull. I know the XT30 has the wireless remote, but I have yet to use my winch when I'm not sitting on the seat, so that is not a selling point for me. Definitely go with the synthetic rope, regardless of the winch you decide on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The Warn customer service guys are saying they don't know the mount model for the 2012 Sportsman 550??

They are not sure the frame is the same as the 2011??
I called Polaris and asked the customer service phone folks and they had zero clue!

Anyone put the XT30 on a 2012 and if so what mount kit number??:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Thanks in advance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts