Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like you can use the rear holes in the back rack to mount whips. I mounted my lighted whip but I dont like how it flexes the plastic and looks like it will break around the screw that is closest from stress and movement. Has anyone else tried mounting a whip there?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Not yet, I just looked to see where it mounts but haven't put it on. I might make one on my cooler rack instead.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be better. I'm thinking of adding a rear bumper to mount mine on instead

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Polaris sells a Lock and Ride Whip mount i believe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt even think of that. I look and see. Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had two tribal whips break at the top of the mount. Needs a spring or something.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I put these quick release flag holders on our quads. When were done we just take them off. They bolt up using the same hole on the back and our bags can still stay on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I had two tribal whips break at the top of the mount. Needs a spring or something.
You managed to break two Tribal LED whips? or just standard fiberglass whips in the adapter mount?

If you broke the LED whips, I'm really curious how? My whip takes a beating but still going strong!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put these quick release flag holders on our quads. When were done we just take them off. They bolt up using the same hole on the back and our bags can still stay on!!

Ok I will bite! Where can I get one like that!

·
Registered
101 Posts

Cagecam,

Don't want to get off topic, but which box is that on your rear rack? Does the gas container on top connect directly to the lid?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
can I ask why people ride with a whip..are they required on some trails...or is just something you just do....some of the areas I ride has lots of over head branches and trees due to a tornado and the whip would hit them all....I see lots who ride desert trails use them...

·
Registered
101 Posts
can I ask why people ride with a whip..are they required on some trails...or is just something you just do....some of the areas I ride has lots of over head branches and trees due to a tornado and the whip would hit them all....I see lots who ride desert trails use them...
Some areas require them for safety. They allow for better visibility of where a rider is when behind a hill, dune, etc.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thanks...I sorta figured that...I ride mostly private land..will ride some parks in NH this spring..why I asked

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I don't think NH requires them. I've been pulled for a registration check and they didn't say anything, you might be ok.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sand dunes require it. And some trail areas do for added safety.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nick I have the Polaris lock and ride box and I mounted the rotopac fuel jugs to the top. Works great for me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts