Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealer today and they had 2014 850 Le white sportsman with fox shocks and I noticed the sway bar links are 5/8 hex shape links and mine are 1/4 round puny links. Is it possible to put fox shocks on 2013 sportsman xp?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
944 Posts
Should be ? Fox sells shocks for the Sporty. They may be slightly different from Fox shocks Polaris sells.

Check Ebay. The non Polaris stock version from Fox are dual speed comp and rebound adjustable. Should be better shocks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Order from fox directly and they will be made for ur weight and riding style and the podium x shocks r far higher quality than the fox shocks that they source out to Polaris .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
944 Posts
Agreed. Except personally, I would order that same shock from ATV galaxy on ebay, 2 k for all four and they'll do all the set up you mentioned. you may even save sales tax ordering off ebay.

Tho I;m not sure what Fox charges for a direct order from them.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
true...I ordered my elkas from honda east toledo and saved about 250 on them (they take best offers on ebay). List price of the fox shocks are 2k for a set...but like you said can be had for a bit less if you look around

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm not sure you can even order directly from Fox anymore. I was just on their web site, clicked the buy button and a Fox page came up with contact info for their dealers ATV galaxy and tucker rocky.

So hit Ebay. ATV Galaxy is on there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can the Fox shocks be stiffened up to handle weight of snow plow during winter time?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Fox doesn't make them yet, I think you need to get the scrambler Fox versions which are pretty good.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
U can adjust preload and compression on the le. There r about 20 clicks of compression adjustment on them

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
gtsum2 does your le sag in the rear. mine the rear is lower than the front.
A little, but there should usually be a little rake in the setup for proper handling. If you get the rake right, and the amount of sag right, you will have good handling (Elka usually recommends a slight rake with front being a bit higher than rear...no more than 3/4 inch or so...and about 25%-30% sag..thats how I had my Elkas on my Brute setup and what I am looking for on on this one)....

That being said, I have 200 miles on it now and the suspension has certainly worn in a bit...I lost some ground clearance and started bottoming out a good bit at Hatfield 2 weeks ago so I increased preload front and rear 2 full turns. Next time I ride it hard I will need to see if I need to increase the rear preload some more.

I messed with the compression a bit, and it certainly stiffens it up with a few clicks...I think my fronts are 11 clicks out from full soft in the front and 6 clicks out from full soft in rear....I have a feeling I will need to increase compression in the rear (I had to reset them as I got the number of clicks messed up while on the trail) during the next ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts