Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a White 500 in the next few days. I am worried it is going to show stains because a couple of the places we ride have red mud. I am not a mud rider it is just the trails have it. What are you guys and gals doing to keep the white plastic shining like new? My wifes last Trailboss was white and every scratch looked black because the dirt was getting into it.

Ronnie

·
Registered
993 Posts
Can't speak for wheelers but I have a 2012 white skidoo and if I had to do it all over again that would be the last color I picked cause you can't get it as clean as when it was new. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I get into quite a bit of mud. The plastics are painted instead of being white plastic to begin with. It seems to be pretty tough but if you gouge it, the dark grey base plastic will show....but that's with any of the painted bodies of today.

Any light scuffs can be buffed out. I apply a good marine wax. So far, so good.

Mark

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Mine are not painted, and hasn't stained yet. And they have had their fair share of mud on them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was worried about staining too. I've had a bunch of nasty mud dry on it and it power washes right off. Never even had to hand wash it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts