Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm fairly used to forums so I figured I'd start up my own build thread for future reference.

I'll start with my story. I've been telling my parents I need to start building credit for a while now (freshman in college) so when March rolled around I told my mom she should co-sign with me on a four wheeler to get the ball rolling. We went to our bank manager and I got pre-approved for one. I was unsure of what I wanted; it was a toss up between a Rene 800 and a Sportsman 850 (both used). I came to the conclusion that I couldn't fit a passenger or throw a deer on a Rene so I decided I'd go with a Sportsman. I went on instagram and followed a few atv accounts so I could see what my options were and then I came across @cferrell94. After seeing his white 570 and the price they were brand spanking new, I had to have one. So I scoured the internet and found a place 3 hours away in N. Alabama that had a few in stock for a good price. On 3/8/14 I went and picked a white EPS model up and headed home.

If you have an INSTAGRAM please hashtag your photos with #sportsman570 as I'm trying to get that started so we can find eachother. Also, you can follow me @whitegirlz71.

How she sits currently

Pickup

WhitegirlZ71 & WhiteGirl570

Exhaust Snorkel (no longer on)

Snorkels

The easiest of all 3 is going to be your CVT exhaust (the front tube), second would be the CVT intake, and third is the air intake.

Rad Relocate Kit from Wildboar ATV (05+ Sportsman 500s)

LEDs

OL2s & STI HD3s

DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap

20" Cree LED Lightbar

12" Cree LED Lightbar

HMF Programmer

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saved in case I need it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow very busy first few days. First of all welcome and looks like your well on your way to personalizing your ride. Looks great so far! Welcome to the board by the way.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow very busy first few days. First of all welcome and looks like your well on your way to personalizing your ride. Looks great so far! Welcome to the board by the way.
Thanks. I like to stay busy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the Forums, we live in N. Bama and my wife just got the same bike 2 weeks ago. She loves it.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
815 Posts
No pics of the exhaust finished?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

No pics of the exhaust finished?
I haven't finished it yet lol. I still have to go buy the elbow and have it welded.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BOOM!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
looks good..can I ask a ? why did you run rigid pipe all the way and not a flexible hose to rigid fittings...would of been easier to route house thru the frame...plus would of been easier to disconnect hose if you needed to get in certain areas....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
looks good..can I ask a ? why did you run rigid pipe all the way and not a flexible hose to rigid fittings...would of been easier to route house thru the frame...plus would of been easier to disconnect hose if you needed to get in certain areas....
Because I'm not going to risk a small twig finding its way through that hose and costing me an engine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Because I'm not going to risk a small twig finding its way through that sissy hose and costing me an engine.
you know you can still use flexible. if you dont like schedule 40 ( normal schedule 40 at our store here (flexible seems pretty damn tough)
OR go with schedule 80(even thicker)
and if you are having a snorkel, you should have a skid plate anyways if your serious about mudding and what not.
skid plates stop ALOT of stuff from coming through( a-arm plates).
and as for sticks going trough the line, if a stick has enough force to puncture the flex tube, it def will have enough pressure to snap the hard PVC.

Skid plates - Product

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because I'm not going to risk a small twig finding its way through that sissy hose and costing me an engine.
you know you can still use flexible. if you dont like schedule 40 ( normal schedule 40 at our store here (flexible seems pretty damn tough)
OR go with schedule 80(even thicker)
and if you are having a snorkel, you should have a skid plate anyways if your serious about mudding and what not.
skid plates stop ALOT of stuff from coming through( a-arm plates).
and as for sticks going trough the line, if a stick has enough force to puncture the flex tube, it def will have enough pressure to snap the hard PVC.

Skid plates - Product
If I ever do it again I might consider flex. But I made hard line work so overall I'm happy and confident with my set up. If you look in my other pics you'll see all 3 tubes come out right behind the tire side by side. No skid plate is going to stop a stick if I were to run straight into it. Maybe if I could have somehow tucked it up under the four wheeler a skid would've been a viable option but I didn't see it happening and I'm not losing ground clearance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you look at the baltic skid plates theres virtualy no reduction in ground clearance.
but im still in the blue if I should use hard or flex. stil have a month or two to decide. its like 10 degrees out so screw workin on anything.
but your setup does look good though for sure.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you look at the baltic skid plates theres virtualy no reduction in ground clearance.
but im still in the blue if I should use hard or flex. stil have a month or two to decide. its like 10 degrees out so screw workin on anything.
but your setup does look good though for sure.
I'm referring to if I were to run the pipe below the atv. The skid plate would probably have to be customized to accommodate it, so I would lose GC

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
did you glue the pvc pipes or just press fit them..if glued wont it be a bitch if you need to work in an area where pipes are....a pressed fit wont last long...

·
Registered
108 Posts
did you glue the pvc pipes or just press fit them..if glued wont it be a bitch if you need to work in an area where pipes are....a pressed fit wont last long...
another advantage about flex pvc is you can buy the flex sleeve to quik connect to rigid pvc.
just uses two hose clamps. or boot clamps.
helps with doing hourly PM's on your atv

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
IF I ever have the need to get anything done and the snorkels are in the way, I will just remove them and start over. It was a fun project and I'm not afraid now to do it again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Got my exhaust snorkel welded today.

Also Kewee, I ordered some flex pvc tonight so I'll be redoing the snorkels. I thought you were referring to the vacuum hose at first so I'm not sure if this is what you were trying to push me towards. I bought 25' of black schedule 40 1.5" tubing.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Nice work...... your submarine upgrades are coming along nicely!!

1 - 20 of 125 Posts