1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2015 Xp. (1000)

1. It has a winch, get lots of use.
  2. Heated grips (front & back) w/ thumb warmer.
  3. (2) cell phone chargers, often only (1) in use.
  4. Low beams are often on.
  5. And Bluetooth LEDs for color changing the high beam.
  6. 45w LED light bar. (Not used too often)
The machine gets a through cleaning after each trip, but it can/has/ & often gets very dirty.

I have the PIDD and while riding (2) weeks ago my battery was low (11.3v) riding through trails, in high at 10-25mph. After I noticed, we went to a slower trail and I rode in low, 10-20mph (only 4,800rpm). This brought my battery back to 14.5v, but it took a bit. Returned to faster trails and was running ORV roads at 45mph, all was good. (30) miles worth. (2) weeks later, no riding sense, i went for a ride and the volts started climbing. I headed home. As I noticed the volts get to 16v (yikes!) I turned an "accessory" on, this brought me back down to a "safe" voltage till I made it home.

Is my regulator/rectifier dying? (Yes, I know, it can't be healed, lol)

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Sounds like it. Check out Cycle Worx VRs. I'd also look into a quality AGM battery to help shed the load on the stator/VR.

·
Registered
2015 Sportsman XP 1000 LE Touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it. Check out Cycle Worx VRs. I'd also look into a quality AGM battery to help shed the load on the stator/VR.
Thanks bp405. I just bought (less then 2-months ago, an AGM battery) And thanks, again, for the heads up on CW.
Does the higher amp VR cause more strain on the stator/wiring between the two?

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Well thats the issue right we push limits and upgrade failing parts only to create another weak link. So to answer your question yes. But if you are pulling more amps or watts then the system can create or handle somethings got to give.

Reactions: RoyR80
1 - 5 of 5 Posts