Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched from sport quads to my first 4x4, and this is why. This is a trail here in beautiful Colorado.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Nice!! My kind of trail!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The Touring is pretty sweet when rock crawling, isn't it?

Gorgeous trails.

Mark

·
Registered
214 Posts
Beautiful scenery. Yep!!! 4WD and EPS looks like it came in real handy.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Awesome looking trail...........

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Beautiful! My kind of terrain! Get rid of the lousy tires on that thing and you will be WAYYYY happier with it. Those things don't even grab the blacktop well enough to be useful.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Wow, that looks amazingly similar to Lottis Creek Trail that my wife and I rode this summer.

That is where I talked her into riding my 850 so she could see the difference that power steering makes. You have to experience it to really understand.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
October photo submission?

wish I could find some trails like that around here.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Wish we had trails like that around here. This is all we get to play with on the flat prairie. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Touring is pretty sweet when rock crawling, isn't it?

Gorgeous trails.

Mark
Yeah I felt very fortunate to have that extra length at one point. My front end was way up in the air with one wheel far from the ground. Kind of sketchy feeling.

Beautiful! My kind of terrain! Get rid of the lousy tires on that thing and you will be WAYYYY happier with it. Those things don't even grab the blacktop well enough to be useful.
I plan on new tires come spring. I'm gonna hit you up for a clutch kit when I do. The 0-20mph power on this thing in high is disappointing for sure.

October photo submission?

wish I could find some trails like that around here.
Not sue how to submit it for a photo contest. It would be neat though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, that looks amazingly similar to Lottis Creek Trail that my wife and I rode this summer.

That is where I talked her into riding my 850 so she could see the difference that power steering makes. You have to experience it to really understand.
QUOTE]

Bob you should come ride with me sometime. I'm always looking for more people to join in.

Great looking trail! How do I get there?
Same comment to you. "How do I get there?" Plan a trip to Colorado and we'll ride some amazing trails with incredible scenery.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My new screensaver shot.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
just get her a bumper skids and a winch and some better tires and she will be perfect :) looks like some of the trails out at capitol forest here in WA :) fun riding :)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Very Nice!

Just did some similar riding in Northern NH, and having the touring for the length is awesome. i have the same machine. more than enough power do go up anything, and the EPS makes it a breeze!

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts

QUOTE]

Bob you should come ride with me sometime. I'm always looking for more people to join in.

Great looking trail! How do I get there?
Same comment to you. "How do I get there?" Plan a trip to Colorado and we'll ride some amazing trails with incredible scenery.
Not sure where you're at. I think a group of us may be getting together Saturday to ride Red Elephant hill and Empire, and maybe make it up to Bill Moore lake.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bob,

post some pics if you get up there. I've been wanting to check it out. Looks cool from the pictures in my guidebook! LOL!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE]

Not sure where you're at. I think a group of us may be getting together Saturday to ride Red Elephant hill and Empire, and maybe make it up to Bill Moore lake.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Fort Collins. That would be a fun trip I'm sure. Unfortunately, I work on Saturdays. That place would be quite a long hall for me. Looks like its near Idaho Springs. If you make it up north ever let me know.

·
Registered
154 Posts
we ride those kind of trails here in Idaho. love the technical rock crawling Rich

1 - 20 of 20 Posts