4 wheels a quad a wheeler a ATV
why Bike
even the guys at R and D call it a bike

Mike

·
Registered
422 Posts
Cause they just do.... Lol

From Joe Dirt..."Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does."

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
well if you think about it. the engines typically started out in bikes, the drive trains (on the original ATV's and even sports ATV's) started out in bikes. so it's not that hard or a leap to call them a bike if you really think about it.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
I've wondered the same thing. Not sure where it came from. For the longest time it confused me because my mind jumped to two wheel machines when I heard it.

Although, I used to call a pick-up a "truck" being a city boy, my grandma always reminded me what the difference was between a "truck" and a "pick-up" on the farm meant.

So it went both ways for me

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
I think it's because some people don't know how to spell ATV. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
My Progressive insurance coverage on my 570 is actually motorcycle insurance

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
1 wheel a unicycle
2 wheels a Bike
3 wheels a trike
4 wheels a quad a wheeler a ATV
why Bike
even the guys at R and D call it a bike

Mike
Because they can

·
Registered
96 Posts
i dont know but to me its atv or 4 wheeler

·
Registered
23 Posts
Handle bars, sit astride it rather than in it, hand controls like a m/c ..... To me it's always a quad which is how the are typically referred to in Australia.

·
Registered
51 Posts
same reason people call an Escalade a car

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hate when the pro shops call a RZR or other side by side a " car ". Buggy suits it better..
Around here everything's a bike or buggy.. We go " buggying or biking " when we go atving..

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
you ride it like a bike and it's overall design is pretty similar to a bike. some countries even call them Quad Bikes.

now the real question is why do some people call the Rangers bikes ;) I consider mine a UTV Utility technically even calling it a Mini pickup isn't that much of a stretch. but I see no resemblance to bikes other then it being insured under a motorcycle policy XD

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'd be more apt to call a Ranger a golf cart on steroids, and a rzr a buggie or a go kart. before I'd call either bikes, or cars.

·
Registered
416 Posts
peoples have limited vocabulary in general. In high school everything uncool or boring was ''gay''. A few years ago everything on the internet was ''epic'' and the atv comunity use ''bike'' for atvs, big deal.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
A bike is something you ride. A buggy/car is something you drive. I call ATV's a bike as well. To each there own. Also on another note most kids these days dont even know what a real bike is. You know the things that have two wheels, two pedals, two legs that power it, and a chain that drives it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
A bike is something you ride. A buggy/car is something you drive. I call ATV's a bike as well. To each there own. Also on another note most kids these days dont even know what a real bike is. You know the things that have two wheels, two pedals, two legs that power it, and a chain that drives it.
gotta call BS on that. my kids both like riding their bikes. They just like riding my "bike" better. lol.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Kids also rode bike everyplace they went it was there freedom until they turned 16 of course

1 - 20 of 27 Posts