Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm repairing a 2000 sportsman 500 4x4 w/ no spark and I've ran into a couple problems. First, in that year, they made the sportsman w/ a couple different stators. Lets just call them stator(a) and stator(b). Stator(a) has 2 pigtails coming from it. The first pigtail has 2 wires and the second has three wires. Stator(b) has 2 pigtails as well but each has only 2 wires. I have Stator(b). Now I have the actual Polaris manual to help me make repairs but for some reason it only covers stator(a) except in the wiring diagrams section. The manual covers much information from 1998 - 2003 year sportsman 335cc - 500cc but it left out the resistance specs for stator(b) and I NEED THEM BADLY. Can Anyone tell me the resistance specifications for stator(b) along with what wires to test on stator(b)? Please?! Oh, one more thing, the Trigger(pulsar) coil specs for this thing is 97 Ohms + or - 10%. The reading on mine was 105.3 Ohms. Now I know that's within range because 10% over would be 106.7 Ohms but is this an exact science? will the trigger coil really stop working at exactly 106.7 Ohms or is 105.3 Ohms close enough to cause problems? P.s. I took these readings when the temperature was about 95 degrees outside. Any Takers???

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
welcome to the forum .

·
Registered
517 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
877 Posts
lol well i dont know much about them either so ill just say welcome to move it back to the top :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts