Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post up some comparison video's that had a significant impact on my ATV brand/model purchase.
I imagine many have seen them also. Could be useful for those that come on with questions before choosing a new quad.

There were many reasons I chose Polaris over a Suzuki Kingquad 750 and the Yamaha Grizzly 700. Can Am visco lock was an immediate no for my riding conditions.

I think the below video's by Deen Implements are quite good. It would be awesome for an independent organization to do these for all similar quads (sport and utility alike).

Polaris vs Brute force
Polaris vs Grizzly
Polaris vs Can Am

·
Premium Member
11,516 Posts
Why I like polaris. I always wanted one and finally bought one two years ago and it was my first atv. I will never buy another manufactures 4 wheeler. I'm not a kool aid drinker but polaris offers all the things I could want in a bike. I'm honest enough to give a fair assessment of the pros and couple of problems polaris has. I tell it like this hardest working smoothest riding, best 4x4 system in the game, number one in atv sales, they own the SxS world, manufactured in the US, manufacture to the greatest warriors this world has ever known, and biggest hp in the atv universe.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Why I like polaris. I always wanted one and finally bought one two years ago and it was my first atv. I will never buy another manufactures 4 wheeler. I'm not a kool aid drinker but polaris offers all the things I could want in a bike. I'm honest enough to give a fair assessment of the pros and couple of problems polaris has. I tell it like this hardest working smoothest riding, best 4x4 system in the game, number one in atv sales, they own the SxS world, manufactured in the US, manufacture to the greatest warriors this world has ever known, and biggest hp in the atv universe.
um... what flavor was that Koolaid again?

for me it was simple. price point vs versatility. Nothing else came close to the amount of bike I could get for the money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a good trade, my 2011 Rene XXC, with 50hrs and 800 miles, lots of scratches and dings; for a 2012 850xp with front rack, front compt box, extra set of rims and tires, 3500 pol winch,almost scratch free, no mud stain anywhere, $800, and 30hrs and 235 miles.
My first polaris, and is like it so far.
I realize these big quads are more maintenance, and I think a lot of times people post there bad luck, but it's mostly due to there lack upkeep for the machine.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I went with the 6x6 because it was cheap, in excellent condition, and just plane cool :D

I went with the Ranger 900 because it was just the best overall machine on the market for what I needed. an excellent Cab, big interior, and better utility then my 6x6!

that said I see other strong points of other UTVs they just didn't fit my needs. I really like Honda's use of a car style automatic vs CVTs :D and the Gator is still a very strong favorite of mine, it just really lacks in leg room :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
I choose Polaris because of price.I am 58 and have never owned an ATV. The 400 Sportsman was the best price for the features offered.Other makes had other features but Polaris had the best bang for the buck.Ken

·
Registered
166 Posts
I choose Polaris because we wanted a two up machine for me and my wife. She doesn't like riding on it so I will be turning it into a Grizzly soon.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
best bang for the buck. and seeing my buddys 800 sportsman be one of the most reliable machines in our group.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We had a Rincon with the sutomotive style transmission. I wish we could have ridden it in the mountains before we bought it because we would definately NOT have purchased it. It had zero hold back. We had a 650 Arctic Cat at the time also and when we'd go down hills, the Honda's brakes would get so hot they'd start fading so we'd have ot stop to let them cool down. My wife rolled the thing off of a trail when she hit an unexpected 6-8" rock and totalled it. I told the Honda dealership to fix anything with a dent or scratch (we had insurance on it) as we would be selling it as soon as it was fixed. The guy at the dealership asked why we wanted to sell it and I told him. He didn't say one word as I'm sure he'd heard it many times before. If they could figure out a way to get hold back on that wheeler, then maybe it'd be alright. It's still hard to beat a life time warranty belt.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ours didn't. They need a low range and then maybe just maybe they might have some hold back but they'll never have the hold back like our Polaris with the active decent control. In low range, it will hold back both my wife and I on it going down one heck of a steep hill. If it's not real steep, our wheeler will actually come to a stop if I don't give it some throttle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. My outty will crawl down hills especially in low range. The reason I know is I rode with a guy yrs ago when the rincon didn't have it. He would miss some fun trails to avoid some steep hills. That being said, I recently have ran into a guy on the trail and warned him about the upcoming descent. He told me his wouldn't freewheel. It didn't either. If they would at least give it a 4 speed to make it have more low end grunt I might have considered a rincon this past summer when I was shopping for a new quad. I'm a firm believer in Hondas reliability

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, maybe they have figured out a way to get them to have hold back like a belt but why the heck didn't they have that ability back when we had ours? I don't remember how they did at climbing. I don't seem to remember that being an issue. It was the going down hill which was the reason we sold it. I think the atv magazines need to address this if what you're sawing is true as I haven't seen this addressed in any issue I've seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts