Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its kinda stupid. If your on a polaris forum then polaris beats a grizzly...yamaha forum the griz beats the polaris....and so on and so on. I personally think its the rider why someone beats the other but its like come on lol some people are just plan annoying and stupid bragging up how there xxxx beat a xxxx. unless its a polaris beating something those stories never get old :rotflmao: i love hearing about sportsmans beating yamahas for some reason lol:gruebel:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
wow go over to the other site Canned ham I mean can AM

THEY SAY THEY WOULD RACE BUT THE POLARIS NEVER RUNS LONG ENOUGH TO RACE
they are crazy over there

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Brand loyalty,.......common sense states that most join a Polaris site if they own a Polaris, Honda site if they own a Honda........ No one wants to believe what they bought is second best.....or at least they will not admit it. I nearly went with another brand that has been bullet proof for years, but, they are about 10 years behind with the technology. They also ride like shit and are only a three wheel drive.

I buy what I believe will best suit my needs.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thats what im saying!!! always hating on us. maybe can am is trying to justify spending twice as much on a quad

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brand loyalty,.......common sense states that most join a Polaris site if they own a Polaris, Honda site if they own a Honda........ No one wants to believe what they bought is second best.....or at least they will not admit it. I nearly went with another brand that has been bullet proof for years, but, they are about 10 years behind with the technology. They also ride like shit and are only a three wheel drive.

I buy what I believe will best suit my needs.
yep i agree 100% with ya...just seems other brands love to bash polaris. Is it because we ride with way more comfort with the same power but less the $$$$$

·
Premium Member
10,623 Posts
can am guys are re-dick-u-lust (ridiculous) i got into it with a group of canned ham guys when polaris came out with the 89hp scrammy. they where hot bc popo one upped them. it was like i was getting attacked by a pack of rabid wolves. im talking blood in their eyes all they kept saying was how how popo's are always broken. but thats all they had. its pathetic the way these dudes would lie about the reliability of their machines or tell half truths about certain situations on rides i had been on and witnessed. the other ironic part of it all is how these guys will tell a potential atv buyer how great can am is and leave out all the bad. if someone asks me about a potential purchase i will tell them all the good and bad about any and all the manufactures to my knowledge. this is a fact imho polaris and can am are the two lone lions on the top of the hill looking down at the rest which are sheep. there isnt another manufacture that is near being in a close third. this is how i sum up polaris to the haters: hardest working smoothest riding, made in the USA, manufacture to the best warriors this world has ever known, number one selling atv, best 4x4 system, best EPS system, rules the SxS universe, has the highest hp atv in the game.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
self justification. Everyone must justify their purchase to themselves. If they bash on the other brands, in their own heads, they made the right choice.

Personally, each brand has it's high points, and it's low points. it's a matter of finding the perfect balance for each rider. What they want from their machine, and how it feels to them. For me, that's Polaris.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Its people in general. Usually bashing and attacks come from those with low self esteem issues and not facts on what they really need or have to have in life.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
self justification. Everyone must justify their purchase to themselves. If they bash on the other brands, in their own heads, they made the right choice.

Personally, each brand has it's high points, and it's low points. it's a matter of finding the perfect balance for each rider. What they want from their machine, and how it feels to them. For me, that's Polaris.
I agree with this.

There are always the people that just have to "one up" their friends. For exmaple I have 1 buddy who is a die hard Yamaha fan. He had no atv, and I bought my 400ho sportsman. He laughed and said he is buying a 700 grizzly. 1 year later I decided to upgrade to the 850. He still DOESN'T have an atv, but now he laughed and said " I am looking at buying an outlander 1000"

I just did a *Facepalm* , since I know he can't afford anything right now.

I don't buy anything to "one up" or impress anyone. I buy it purely to satisfy MY needs.

In general I find the Can Am owners the most arrogant.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

Personally, each brand has it's high points, and it's low points. it's a matter of finding the perfect balance for each rider. What they want from their machine, and how it feels to them....

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
505 Posts
this is how i sum up polaris to the haters: hardest working smoothest riding, made in the USA, manufacture to the best warriors this world has ever known, number one selling atv, best 4x4 system, best EPS system, rules the SxS universe, has the highest hp atv in the game.
Love it!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Its kinda stupid. If your on a polaris forum then polaris beats a grizzly...yamaha forum the griz beats the polaris....and so on and so on.
It's more than kinda stupid, it's extremely stupid. As mentioned, it's just people justifying their decisions. There is no "perfect quad" out there just as there is no perfect auto. Some have better features than another and it's all about what's important to the individual.

Grizz riders justify their low HP single cylinder with a claim of "reliability" as do Honda owners.

Can-am riders justify the hefty price tag with better looks and supposedly better performance.

Polaris riders justify the high maintenance nature of these machines by claiming better ride quality ect.

Notice the 3 Polaris eclipsed by my buddies' can-ams in this pic. They always have to ride at the front of the pack to maintain their egos :rotflmao:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think people here are pretty down to earth. They will tell you Honda's are reliable...yamahas are more sporty...and Polaris is more comfortable on long rides. I don't think you will find that honesty from other brand owners.

Honest about weak points (bushings, ball joints, tierod ends).

We have what we have...its a good choice even with its problems.

I was talking to a Yamaha guy out on the trails. He said Polaris has weak axles. I told him I owned three, and the only axle I broke was when I flipped one and broke an a-arm. He got all excited and turned to his buddy and said see...weak axles... ????

Sean

·
Registered
852 Posts
car forums are the same way XD "Chevy rules!"

I went with the Ranger 900 after looking at everything, it was just the overall best machine on the market!

when/if I get a new ATV I'll likely stick with Polaris for the 6x6 model XD, but if I did go for a 4x4 that would be a harder call to make :| to me there's a lot less variation between ATVs then there is with UTVs...

·
Registered
944 Posts

The Cracked Am forum is really over the top. It always have been.

·
Registered
944 Posts
can am guys are re-dick-u-lust (ridiculous) i got into it with a group of canned ham guys when polaris came out with the 89hp scrammy. they where hot bc popo one upped them. it was like i was getting attacked by a pack of rabid wolves. im talking blood in their eyes QUOTE]

Yep. They're jerks.

The top HP boast is as vital to them and CA as the air they breathe. Without it, they are royally pissed.

That's why I think CA will up the HP on their 1000 this next model year.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It seems like the grizzly owners are bad to. Every time I talk to one they always say when your ready to handle a beast buy a griz....most stupid thing I've heard

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, I suppose some people just won't be happy thinking they bought an inferior machine. Personally, I don't care. I paid for what I wanted, and at the end of the day I have to be happy with my purchase. This Christmas, my buddy's family ribbed me about owning a Polaris ATV. They like Polaris snowmobiles but prefer Honda ATVs. They were impressed that I went "snowmobiling" with my XP. I wasn't as fast, but I went everywhere they went.

20131224_135039_resized.jpg

IMG_20131226_165839.jpg

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I liked Hondas sport quad but that's it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts