Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was working when I was 14 as much as I could, when I bought something I took great pride in it. Now 9 years later it's not too big of a deal if I lose a few grand or more
What line of work are you in? I dont know to many 23 year olds that dont mind loosing a few grand.
I'm the lead hoe hand for a good sized oIlfield dirt work company. Work long days ten months straight, take two months off, and by long days I mean 16-18 hours daily. I'm doing quite well, looking to start my own company this fall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no title

Maybe your father can meet with the seller and have him sign a bill of sale.
I am a Retired Il. State Trooper and would have become involved if I found out that my young son purchased a vehicle without me knowing about it.
I would venture to say that your father being a Pa. State Trooper could probably get the document one way or another.

Good Luck Young Man

Vic

·
Registered
2 Posts
You sound like a good kid and I hope you get the title. Definitely try to get a bill of sale from the seller, but I would be careful how much information you give him in regards to your title issue, as he may be less inclined to give you one if he thinks it may come back to bite him.

sent from my Droid Razr Maxx...I would rather be riding.
I had too sign up just to say young man you are fantastic! You take responsibility and your learning and asking questions I'd be soooo friggin proud of you shoot I am anyway. I so hope it works out if you where in my state i can show you how to barter and trade for them with other stuff like I buy a expensive 1000 watch for 300 bucks than trade two of those for a quad that needs something but has title I just did it with three over the weekend selling one to fix the other two or parting out to fix others anyway you have a great attitude and work ethic I'll let this page give me notification through me some updates if theres a way to send you my contacts I'll try to help you get something else legally with little to no money I traded one for a rc car too this weekend there was three different deals all trade and 200 bucks cash for mine I check them than got bill of sale that should be all that's needed to get the title for on other two cam with title and plates have to go change over you can do the same if not finance one and get your parent to co sign keep your payments up ....in case things go wrong there way out ok keep up that great work my guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
And 40$ for a weekend sounds fine to me! I rarely get to hit trails so shelling out some money it's fine with me!
One other thing if they try to take back check these laws in your state you can charge them storage fee and if you have receipts for the part they'd be obligated to reimburse you that's one detorant for people claiming stuff they abandoned lol tow places do it all the time lol

·
9,405 Posts
Uhhh… Chris, this thread was started 7 years ago! I'm sure whatever happened has already happened long ago. The OP hasn't posted anything since June of 2013 so I doubt he's even still on the forums.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts