Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run a 26 9 12 on the front of my 400 without spacers with stock rims?

Really like the SS 216, what offset would I need?

Tires will be Radial reptiles.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
From what I read on here. I know if you get a 4+3 offset you can run a 9" on the front. I have a set of ss212 and zillas 27x9 12 and 27x11 12 waiting to be put on.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I put 28/9/12 tires on the front of my 07 sportsman 800 and they were rubbing the rubber of the tire rod ends, I had to put spacers on mine

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you do not want to run the spacers you can also flip your tie rod ends to allow the room for a 9" tire. Otherwise a 1.25" or larger spacer is needed.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you do not want to run the spacers you can also flip your tie rod ends to allow the room for a 9" tire. Otherwise a 1.25" or larger spacer is needed.
Thank you for the ideas. I will add 2 spacers to the list.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
319 Posts
When I ran my spacers on the front my front tires where also wider than my rear tires and to some this was very odd looking and after i didnt like the tires i replaced them with new rims and tires to the ones I got now. Some also add a smaller spacer in the rear to offset the difference of adding them in the front. I believe i have a set of spacers in the garage that i used for a week if you need pictures.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I ran my spacers on the front my front tires where also wider than my rear tires and to some this was very odd looking and after i didnt like the tires i replaced them with new rims and tires to the ones I got now. Some also add a smaller spacer in the rear to offset the difference of adding them in the front. I believe i have a set of spacers in the garage that i used for a week if you need pictures.
Thanks. Ultimtly, I would like to get a set os SS 216 also, will see how money allows. May get tires firxt, or wait it out and get them both.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just ran outside, they are 1 1/2"
Thank you. I assume I willl need the same.

Do you have a pic of your quad from the front with the spacers?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

I did 1 1/2" on all corners. I noticed better stability with the spacers too. I had to buy a 60" plow for mine since the next lower size was not as wide as the wheel base with the spacers installed

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ran outside, they are 1 1/2"
Thank you. I assume I willl need the same.

Do you have a pic of your quad from the front with the spacers?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

I did 1 1/2" on all corners. I noticed better stability with the spacers too. I had to buy a 60" plow for mine since the next lower size was not as wide as the wheel base with the spacers installed
Thank you so much. I like the look of that. I think I will do the HL coils, thenget tires, and a clutch kit. Can get the fancy rims later on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts