Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum. I've been disabled for a little over ten years. No balance (damaged vestibular system) bouncing vision, trouble walking in the dark, on uneven surfaces or in the snow, dizzyness etc. Well my wonderful wife actually demanded I get an atv to help me get around our property. Really, her idea, not mine! So we found a great deal on a used 2013 400 HO with only 98 miles on it. Long story short, although I can't go very fast, it is fantastic, wonderful, if not a little scary. But the best part is my wife likes riding it so much that we purchased a 2013 500 HO, a trailer and a bunch of books on trails here in Colorado. She's even willing to drive our truck and pull the trailer as I can't drive any more. So what started out as way to get around is hopefuly going to be a great release and escape for the two of us. Been doing a lot of research on this great forum and I'm starting to get the atvs outfitted with some of the esentials, will probably be asking for advice. Can't wait to actually get out on a trail. We'll be takin it easy so wish us luck.

·
Premium Member
13,360 Posts
Sounds like u guys are about to embark on an adventure of a life time. If u have questions this forum can answer them. Best of luck. Mike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. I've been disabled for a little over ten years. No balance (damaged vestibular system) bouncing vision, trouble walking in the dark, on uneven surfaces or in the snow, dizzyness etc. Well my wonderful wife actually demanded I get an atv to help me get around our property. Really, her idea, not mine! So we found a great deal on a used 2013 400 HO with only 98 miles on it. Long story short, although I can't go very fast, it is fantastic, wonderful, if not a little scary. But the best part is my wife likes riding it so much that we purchased a 2013 500 HO, a trailer and a bunch of books on trails here in Colorado. She's even willing to drive our truck and pull the trailer as I can't drive any more. So what started out as way to get around is hopefuly going to be a great release and escape for the two of us. Been doing a lot of research on this great forum and I'm starting to get the atvs outfitted with some of the esentials, will probably be asking for advice. Can't wait to actually get out on a trail. We'll be takin it easy so wish us luck.
Welcome to the forum from another CO member! You found a great new hobby.
I didn't see what part of the state you are in but there are some fairly mild forest trails just above Central City. There is also a large area for parking a truck with trailer too.
I can't seem to get my wife to go riding with me even though she has a 500 Polaris too! She would rather go to the mall!

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Hey, that's a great story Spinner. Welcome to the forum. Hope you get out and ride a lot. So much to see in this beautiful state of ours.

OldSport, we are neighbors. I live in Henderson as well. Small world.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, that's a great story Spinner. Welcome to the forum. Hope you get out and ride a lot. So much to see in this beautiful state of ours.

OldSport, we are neighbors. I live in Henderson as well. Small world.
Hi Neighbor! some nice big lots out here, my kids made a track for the ATVs!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in Pine Junction, just past Conifer. My wife likes to do the mall thing as well but loves motorcycles, thats what got us together. We really miss riding. My only problem now, is gunna be keeping up!

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in Pine Junction, just past Conifer. My wife likes to do the mall thing as well but loves motorcycles, thats what got us together. We really miss riding. My only problem now, is gunna be keeping up!
That puts you only about 2 1/2 hours out of Taylor Park. You will have to get over there next summer to ride. You can ride for days, and most of it is not difficult or technical riding. The scenery is spectacular.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If I had a wife like that, I'd still have a wife. That's awesome that she pushed to get you set up like that. Enjoy the trails and be safe. CO is an amazing state. I've been there a number of times on vacation and it's the 2nd place on my list of places I'd like to live.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome Spinner.....like you, my wife was the driving force in our first ATV purchase. Long story short..a man doing some tree mitigation on our property left us his older Polaris Explorer to use for a few weeks. We rode around the property and some roads and thought "this is FUN!" About a month later, we were in Colorado Springs going into Sam's and Jena said "while we are here, we ought to look at ATV's". Didn't have to say it twice. We ended up at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza on Chelton and the next day we were bringing home our brand new "08 Touring". Best investment we've made. Added a 550 XP EPS in 2012 for Jena. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE SPORT...and..you'll meet a GREAT bunch of people.

ALSO, I HIGHLY recommend that you join COHVCO (Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition). They are doing the best they can to keep "the wolves from door" I.E., the environuts that want to keep us off the trails and out of the woods.

If you want some more ATV info, send me a PM and I'll send you an email with links to some info and photos I've developed to share with other riders....Gary in Westcliffe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts