Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new ride for the wife. Got her Pearl White 2009 Sportsman 300 (hawkeye) 4x4 with 300 miles on it. Paid $2850 OTD. This thing looks brand new. No pics yet but it looks kinda like this:

300.jpg

The best part is she doesn't even know yet, i'm keeping it at the shop and just waiting for a good opportunity to arise so I can surprise her :fest06: She will like it SOO much better than the 1986 Yamaha

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats! I wish my wife would ride.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Nice!! Not to mention a great "get out of jail free card"!!

:postpic:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I bet she will love it. we just got a new 570 for the lady. quite the upgrade from her 250 yamaha.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
AWESOME! you can be sure that the parts listed in my signature fit and are worth your time. I've got no complaints about any of them. Also I stand behind the stance that if you have a jig saw, a drill, and some C Clamps you can build your own Skid plates. which you won't be able to buy. So far mine has treated me VERY well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome. Definitely get out of jail free card!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
great valentine gift...if you can wait that long..or just use as a early one...lol...she is a lucky lady..

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Must have been a Canadian or something that brought it to the US because they stopped making the Hawkeye after 07 for the US market. They still sell the 2x4 down in OZ and I think in the UK.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I like the Valentines day idea!!! I think I'll roll with that one.

Must have been a Canadian or something that brought it to the US because they stopped making the Hawkeye after 07 for the US market. They still sell the 2x4 down in OZ and I think in the UK.
I'm pretty sure that in 2008 they dropped the "hawkeye" name and changed it to the Sportsman 300/400 midsize

This one says "sportsman 300" but looks identical to a hawkeye. As a matter of fact most accessories (such as rack extenders) for it are labeled as "hawkeye"

Glad to hear yours has been good, the research I did was mostly very positive. When I test drove it I was surprised how "peppy" it was for what it is. It's gonna be perfect for her because she thinks my 500ho is too big physically, so that eliminated the newer 400ho as well.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
should work out great for her. and yeah, it's a good little bike. yeah, they dropped the Hawkeye name in 08 for the sportsman name. same bike, different name. apparently the 400's are really nice. but I'm happy with my 300. Good luck on finding parts. If she want's a trunk, the Tamarack Luxury lounger will work with the lock and ride system, just have to buy or make them. Thor at theatvsuperstore.com has both. and he's got the best price at least to me after shipping.

I stole my bumper off Ebay for $90 to my door. I could "bought it now" for 140+ Shipping.

I got my Winch and Mount of Ebay for less than $200 combined. it was on sale. May have even been less than $150.

·
Registered
978 Posts
very cool!!!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A hawkeye/sportsman midsize is VERY hard to find around here, I've been looking out for a clean one for a long time. The 400 hawkeye is almost impossible but would have been my 1st choice for the liquid cooling. O well, my 1986 Yamaha is air cooled like the 300 and it refuses to die.

You got some damn good prices.

I paid:
-Deluxe Front Brush Guard $149
-Front and Rear Rack extenders $160
-License Plate Bracket $10
-White Polaris Handguards w/mounts $60
-Polaris Baseball cap $Free

The only thing I don't really care for is how there is NO protection for the front A-Arms, Brake Lines, and CV boots. Could pose a potential problem with some of the terrain we ride.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice!! Not to mention a great "get out of jail free card"!!

:postpic:
I'll put up some pics after I give it to her. It might be awhile. Here she is on the old Yamaha:

BrionMoto.jpg

I can only imagine how big that smile will be on the new machine.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Right on. She will be ecstatic! !! Wish my wife rode also.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Congrats Fuse....I know she is going to love it

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's cool. My wife finally rode mine a couple weeks ago and loves it. Need to find something like you did. A 300/400 with be perfect.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
yeah, I've done a ton of shopping around and searching for the right prices.

you can make the bottom skid yourself. They sell front and rear A-arm guards. but I dable in metal work and my brother is a fabricator so it was cheaper and funner to build my own. But I still say you can do it with a jig saw, a drill, and some C Clamps. thats essentally all I used.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I snapped a crappy cell phone pic yesterday evening while in the shop. Here is what it looks like:
1517585_10100829460027545_150446750_n.jpg

Can't wait to put the accessories on when they come!!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts