Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
Will 14” 2018 sportsman XP fit my 08 800 sportsman?

I see both at 4/156 but wasn’t sure of it offset? Thanks!
Assuming we are talking wheels here :cowboy:!!!

They'll work with spacers.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Something to maybe consider by increasing your wheel size and tire size it may change up your gearing IDK for sure. I'm assuming your 08 800 came with factory 12" wheels like my 08 500 HO. Now I know guys that wanted to increase tire size going from 25" tire to say 26" tire of course you would have to get a aftermarket 26" wheel to do that, but what I'm saying is increasing it just one tire size is no big deal is my understanding. Once you do go greater than one tire size you may be looking at installing a clutch kit to get things back right. I'm not a tire/wheel guru so I don't really know how the math would work out going to a 14" wheel/tire without probably doing some modifications.

Tony

·
Premium Member
169 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Will 14” 2018 sportsman XP fit my 08 800 sportsman?

I see both at 4/156 but wasn’t sure of it offset? Thanks!
Assuming we are talking wheels here
!!!

They'll work with spacers.

How big of spacers? They will rub without?

Yes they will bind up, will not even turn, if the studs are long enough to get the lug nuts started. You will need at least 2" thick spacers. That will add 4" in width to your stance and may not fit in between poles on some trails restricting to 50" wide.....

The off set difference between the 2 wheels is 2 1/8". The 2018 are about a 1" offset, your 2008 wheels are 3" offset

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
Something to maybe consider by increasing your wheel size and tire size it may change up your gearing IDK for sure. I'm assuming your 08 800 came with factory 12" wheels like my 08 500 HO. Now I know guys that wanted to increase tire size going from 25" tire to say 26" tire of course you would have to get a aftermarket 26" wheel to do that, but what I'm saying is increasing it just one tire size is no big deal is my understanding. Once you do go greater than one tire size you may be looking at installing a clutch kit to get things back right. I'm not a tire/wheel guru so I don't really know how the math would work out going to a 14" wheel/tire without probably doing some modifications.

Tony
:no::ditsch:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts