Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a set of alum rims and tires from a 2012 xp 850 i want to put them on my 2005 800 thanks ,picked up new lug nuts for the alum rims

·
Registered
765 Posts
you'll need wheel spacers for them to work right on the front. i'd say at least 1 inch spacers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank for the reply ,i thought going from new 2012 xp rims to 2005 machine i would not need a spacer

·
Registered
765 Posts
do to the offset of the wheell the tire will hit the strut on the fronts, plus the small hub caps on the wheels won't clear because the castle nut on the hub hits the plastic hub caps on the wheel. I thought about doing the same setup on my sportsman 500, I even had an extra set of xp wheels, but after pricing the spacers, and the down side of 14 inch wheels I decided to stay with 12's. good luck!

·
Registered
765 Posts
14's look good, and may corner a little better because of less side wall flex.. but 12's typically ride better and are less prone to pinch flats. usually 12 inch tires are cheaper too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've had 14's on 2 different machines and had good luck with no pinch flats. if you ride a lot of rocky terrain 14's will get beat up sooner too. their also seems to be more of a variety of sizes of 12 inch tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tried putting on the new rims and tires ,bought spacers for front started with back installed longer studs ,new alum stock rim did not seem to fit flat against hub ,seemed center hole was too small do i need spacers at back thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
you'll need spacers all the way around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts