Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a well used 2009 Ranger 400 in the shop that stopped running last fall. Turns out it only has 30psi so we are considering our options of an engine swap before tearing into a rebuild that will almost certainly snowball since the amount of hours on this thing, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,059 Posts
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

The real shortage in this country is common sense.

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Without knowing what year Ranger and Sportsman we are working on it is impossable to tell you. You have to give us ALL the information if you want an answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without knowing what year Ranger and Sportsman we are working on it is impossable to tell you. You have to give us ALL the information if you want an answer.
2009 400 ranger, i dont have a sportsman engine available yet, just wondering if I'm limited to similar year rangers only or sportsmans aswell, thanks

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
OK, now post up the vin # of the Ranger you have so we can see what you really have, as they didn't make a 2009 400 Ranger

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Reactions: Jmollari

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that I know what to look for, what is the difference between a 400 and a 400 ho? Just wondering if I found a 400 ho would I need the carburetor as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what polman said... you could be buying a used engine for $500 with equal hours or wear. Just rebuild it and know you have something fresh.
I agree, if it were mine that's what I would be doing. The guy I'm doing it for is on the fence before i tear into it because he has a possible motor for it and is contemplating getting a 570. I showed him the gouged cylinder and messed up valve from another one I did where a piece of piston ring broke. Warned him it could snowball. I dont usually get simple piston and ring rebuilds lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts