Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry. This is similiar to my earlier post but I had a couple more ???'s. I'm a total noob to this and with so many wheel options regarding size, width, diameter, spacers, off set, etc. I'm going crazy.

I have a 2013 Sportsman 800 efi

So basically, I think I'll stick to the stock diameter of 12" for the sake of more sidewall. But I need to know if I can put a 9" wide front wheel without spacers?

Also, do I have to stick to 25" tires? or could I go with larger tires? ex. 26", 27", or 28" without having to worry about changing anything else?

The stock wheels are 25",8", 12" front and 25",10", 12" rears.

I basically want to just take off the stock set and put on a new set and hit the trails. Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just replaced my stocks with aftermarket tires. I put Kenda Executioner's 8" on the front and 25X12X12 ITP Mudlights XL on the rear. There is IMO not enough room for a 9" wide front. The strut is very close to the tire. I'd be happy to sent you a picture.
Sorry. This is similiar to my earlier post but I had a couple more ???'s. I'm a total noob to this and with so many wheel options regarding size, width, diameter, spacers, off set, etc. I'm going crazy.

I have a 2013 Sportsman 800 efi

So basically, I think I'll stick to the stock diameter of 12" for the sake of more sidewall. But I need to know if I can put a 9" wide front wheel without spacers?

Also, do I have to stick to 25" tires? or could I go with larger tires? ex. 26", 27", or 28" without having to worry about changing anything else?

The stock wheels are 25",8", 12" front and 25",10", 12" rears.

I basically want to just take off the stock set and put on a new set and hit the trails. Thanks

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Stock rims, 1/4" spacer required up front.

Aftermarket rims will have a bigger offset, so no spacer required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts