Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all i recently traded for a 2016 sportsman 1000 high lifter that needs a rebuild. long story short the airbox had cracked open getting water in the engine. engine and transmission have been pulled and inspected by a mechanic and mechanic stated the motor needs a motor rebuild assembly (crank piston rods etc) but transmission is fine. now my dilemma is rebuild the stock motor or purchase a remanufactured rzr 1000 long block. will a 1000 long block fit on a sportsman 1000 if so is there anything else i would have to do for fitment?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
A short block is an engine without head and electrics - a long block at least has the head already installed, but may not have electrics and flywheel, but could have - it's just not a complete engine.

Might want to check with powersportsnation.com for a used or rebuilt engine, or Nflow for a rebuilt engine - probably cheaper than a long block @ $5145

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry by long block i mean the rzr 1000 motor (999cc dohc 110hp) compared to the sportsman 1000 motor (952 cc sohc 85hp) i see polaris sells it stating it will fit but wanted to be sure theres no custom fabrication ill need to do to make it fit attached pics to illustrate. i have checked on nflow motor sports and its the same price for both motors.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Ask Nflow about that - I can't profess to know anything about that claim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts