Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, been wanting to upgrade from the stock tires on my 850xp for awhile now. Last week I found a pair of basically new 27x9-14 Mud Lite XTRs for $100, so of course I snatched them up quick. Now I'm gonna be buying two new 27x11-14 XTRs for the rear. My question is will they clear/rub or will I need to buy spacers?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
No issues at all, here is what they will look like: (note the front right tire is perched up on a rock) but those are the 27" XTR's all around!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
OP, not trying to Hijack your thread.

Lolly Gagger, I am getting close to buying tires. I had Mudlite XTR's on my Rubicon years ago, I loved them. I am torn between another set of XTR's or the new Blackwater Evolutions.

How you liking the XTR's? how many miles so far?
Do you have any experience with the new blackwaters?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The front tires you see in my pic have over 3000 miles on them and minimal tread wear, I did have to replace the backs as I put a slice in the side wall, which was probably caused buy having the tires with 15 psi.. I love them, they are a bit heavy but handle all terrain good and are smooth at speed due to being radial.. if you ride more trails than an 8 ply radial is what you probably want but these are a good middle tire and very durable in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have them on the wife's 550 and I think they are pretty decent for an all around tire. They ride better tan my old 589's did.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have 27in Rip Saws on our quad and I had to grind off some extra metal by the passenger foot rest. If yours is a regular 850 you probably will not have any problem. Be prepared for a drop in power and hill climbing ability in loose stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts