Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i need to upgrade axels if i run 28 inch outlaws on a 2013 xp 850 ? i know i will need a clutch kit.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Normally without a lift I would say no, but outlaws are aggressive. You only run outlaws for one reason, and that is to mud. Those tires will grab, and will snap axles. My suggestion is to sell the stock axles while they are still good, and use that money to offset the cost of some stronger axles. Since you don't have a lift, I would say look at Cobra or Highlifter DHT axles. If you may lift in the future, don't get anything less than gorilla or turner.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally without a lift I wouI'm tired of getting stuckd say no, but outlaws are aggressive. You only run outlaws for one reason, and that is to mud. Those tires will grab, and will snap axles. My suggestion is to sell the stock axles while they are still good, and use that money to offset the cost of some stronger axles. Since you don't have a lift, I would say look at Cobra or Highlifter DHT axles. If you may lift in the future, don't get anything less than gorilla or turner.
Thanks for the advice. Im running stock tires now and I am tired of getting stuck everytime I run Into a mud hole maybe outlaws a little to aggressive. I figured go big or go home lol

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If the outlaws are too aggresive, go with a mega mayhem or zilla.

I vote snap all 4 axles, then replace.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ride with with two buddies that have 700 grizzly's I'd hate to get towed back and listen to them talk smack all the way back to the truck or damage my 850 lol but my second choice of tires are silver back xlites

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Normally without a lift I wouI'm tired of getting stuckd say no, but outlaws are aggressive. You only run outlaws for one reason, and that is to mud. Those tires will grab, and will snap axles. My suggestion is to sell the stock axles while they are still good, and use that money to offset the cost of some stronger axles. Since you don't have a lift, I would say look at Cobra or Highlifter DHT axles. If you may lift in the future, don't get anything less than gorilla or turner.
Thanks for the advice. Im running stock tires now and I am tired of getting stuck everytime I run Into a mud hole maybe outlaws a little to aggressive. I figured go big or go home lol
Any tire is going to be better than your stockers. You just have to decide what type of riding you do more, and try to pick a tire best suited for that type of riding. Don't get me wrong, I love outlaws, and probably won't ever run another tire other than them, but only if you ride at least 80% mud. I agree with the go big or go home though, just look at my signature below. lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya your signature is freaking impressive. Btw what is a welded low gear in the tranny do ?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I don't think it was ever a common issue, but the 800's did sometimes have an issue with the low gear actually sliding down the shaft that it is on in the transmission. This would cause you to lose low gear, and act like it was in nuetral. It may be due mainly to my clutching and always using low gear to move 200lbs of tires through thick mud, but after having this happen to me, I beat it back into place and welded it in place so that it couldn't move again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts