Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if a 570 Touring will fit in a 2016 F-150 6.5ft bed with the tailgate closed? Looks pretty close but would like to know before I buy some ramps.Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
The 570T is 86" long and your bed is 78" long. So when guys run into this issue and want to close the tailgate they'll put ramps in the front of the bed to drive the wheeler up on.

Personally I run the truck with the tailgate down when hauling my wheeler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea. Only reason Im wanting to put the tailgate up is so that i can hook up my TT and also bring the 570 along as well. Any suggestions on what Ramps to use?

The 570T is 86" long and your bed is 78" long. So when guys run into this issue and want to close the tailgate they'll put ramps in the front of the bed to drive the wheeler up on.

Personally I run the truck with the tailgate down when hauling my wheeler.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
No, it wont fit unless you use some kind of ramp type deal in front of the wheel wells. My 570 barely fits. As far as regular ramps to load it, I would recommend any aluminum set that folds in half. Makes them a lot easier to travel with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I couldn't fit my 570 Touring in the 6'6" bed of my Chevy Silverado with the tailgate closed however with DG Tailgate Support bars I was able to load it and pull a trailer. All of the weight of the 570 is in the bed - nothing on the tailgate. I built a 5" bumper which the front tires rest up against to protect the cab. Even though the unit has nowhere to go, I still ran ratchet straps from the front load connection points to the tie down points at the rear of the 570. It road very nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
They have something on the market called tailgate assist they replace the cables on the tailgate with steel lockers that allow you to half close your gate and lock in place that way you don't have to worry about it being down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts