Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Polaris sportsman 500 HO. The stock tires are (Front 25x8-12) and the (Rear 25x10-12) Im wanting to upgrade to somthing better then stock. I want to know if ( Front 26x9-12) and (Rear 26x10-12) will fit on the bike with stock rims and no spacers. Im not sure the size of the rim because its not on polarises web site. Also do you think these tires will be good for trail riding/ and a little mud/water. Will they have better traction then stock? If not van you recommend some? with a good size and a website link thanks!!!!
Here is a link to the tires: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/50/82/177/744/10915/30127/Tusk-TriloBite-ATV-Tire?0

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That tire looks exactly like a bighorn, which is a good trail tire. The sizes you want to go with will fit fine. Do not go any wider than a 9 up front or you will definately need wheel spacers. As far as hight goes, you can go all the way up to 28" with no clearance issues.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That tire looks exactly like a bighorn, which is a good trail tire. The sizes you want to go with will fit fine. Do not go any wider than a 9 up front or you will definately need wheel spacers. As far as hight goes, you can go all the way up to 28" with no clearance issues.
Awesome thanks a lot man! Just wanna make sure if we come across some mud on the trail will I be able to get through pretty good you think? And will these fit on the stock rims?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You will be able to go through mud better with either of those tires over stock. I have never run that tire, but the 9" front and 11" rear should fit. That being said, all tires a little different. Some measure small, some measure big. Hopefully someone else has experience with that exact tire and can tell you that it definately fits.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You will be able to go through mud better with either of those tires over stock. I have never run that tire, but the 9" front and 11" rear should fit. That being said, all tires a little different. Some measure small, some measure big. Hopefully someone else has experience with that exact tire and can tell you that it definately fits.
I'm running 28x10x14 Zillas on the front and 28x12x14 Zillas on the back with no issues at all, no spacers either... On stock polaris aluminum wheels, Never once has anything rubbed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm running 28x10x14 Zillas on the front and 28x12x14 Zillas on the back with no issues at all, no spacers either... On stock polaris aluminum wheels, Never once has anything rubbed.
Is that with a after market clutch kit? or any other mods?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Looks like in your pic you have an XP. He has a value line, so that's comparing apples to oranges.

To the OP, typically 9" wide front tires will rub the TRE without spacers unless the tire is seriously undersized. At the very least it will come very close. Some people with flip the TRE to gain clearance but I'm not sure how good that is. Best off running a spacer or offset rims IMO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is that with a after market clutch kit? or any other mods?
Bone stock... It does fine, but it is an XP model.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts