Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!! just scored a new/used set of Silver backs.... front: 10x12x28 and rears: 12x12x28
are these going to fit on a stock 2007 sportsman 800 using stock steel rims/offsets?
and i really want to do a clutch kit but its about 50/50 from people i talk to .... as i'm keeping the stock tiers for trail riding and swapin in the silver backs for the mud parks .... any info/suggestions as always is greatly appreciated! :)

·
Premium Member
9,828 Posts
No they are going to rub the tie-rod ends.

·
Premium Member
9,828 Posts
4+3 offset rims will get it done.

·
Super Moderator
7,034 Posts
A 26" tire is all the tire you need on a 12" wheel. Assuming, of course that you aren't a swamp rat. :) For trail riding, that is about the perfect setup. No need for anything taller. If you have 14" wheels, a 28" tire needs to be used in order to get the same tire performance as the 26x12 setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how sure are you on the 4+3 offset?..... hate to order the rims and not have the clearance.... i i did try some 1.5" wheel spacers that gave me plenty of clearance (looks like 1" would do it) but i dont like the fit and really like to save the extra weight of the spacers and just get the correct rims.....

·
Super Moderator
7,034 Posts
4+3 offset is the ticket to fit 9" wide tires on the front. Put them on my 800 X2, 500 and both 570's. A 10" wide front tire, I can't answer that.

·
Premium Member
9,828 Posts
Ok so here's what I have on this subject. My rims are 4+3. My tires are 9". I have 3/4" space between the tre and tire. If we assume that a 10" tire is 1/2" wider then a 9" tire on the inside half then in this scenario there should be 1/4" space between the 10" tire and tre. Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts