Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the site, but was hoping for some assistance. I own an 18 Ranger 1000 Crew and recently purchased an 18 Sportsman 450 HO. It was used with 10 hours. I had dealer add warn 3500 winch and plow. I used it for the first time yesterday to clear driveway for about 2 hours. Towards the end after it “died” twice, the winch stopped working. Today I put winch in neutral, disassembled front of machine, and worked “overwinding” our manually until I reached re portion of rope. I than tried to wind with power. Still clicks only. In addition, would not freewheel until I unwound winch about 15 foot. I attempted jumping 2 winch lugs from auto with key off. Nothing happenedIn addition the EPS light was on yesterday, but is not any longer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
Sounds like you may be running the battery low. Plowing doesn't really get the battery charged up and plowing with lots of winch use drains the battery quickly. But first I would chk all the associated winch electrical connections. Starting with battery terminal connections. Then I would make sure the winch cable isn't binding up when it's spooled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick response. I always keep on a battery tender but did notice the 2 times it died it was when i pushed the winch button? I also attempted to jump winch off my car, attached to the two post on winch, nothing? Will it make any difference where i have winch set, have N 'free whee' i assume, L and H? This is my first winch. should i replace the factory battery?

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
How did you jump the winch??

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
if you put the jumper cables to the terminals the winch should work,doesn't matter if you are in free spool or not.
sounds like something is wrong with your winch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts