Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to increase the angle of the cable for lifting the plow? I seems it would be less taxing on the winch if it were pulling up more than back.

·
Registered
434 Posts
it will actually be harder on the winch because you will lose your leverage if you move the hook back....mabye if you found a way to mount a snatch block pully and make your winch cable go over it and down to your plow it would assist in lifting on a more upward angle

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"it will actually be harder on the winch because you will lose your leverage if you move the hook back"

This doesn't make sense to me:dunno:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
As stated..... find a way to mount a snatch block (off of bumper/brush guard or ???). This will give you the upward lift you are hoping for, but may cause you other grief..... if to much slack is left in the line (depending on snatch design). As it could jump the pully wheel and bind up, cut like cable on the winch can pinch and cause issues!!

I've been thinking about a spring set up..... that would allow constant resistance / tention on the cable (but not too much to cause plow floating issues), have a solid "bottoming point" to lift against, and be short enough to work with factory winch location!!!

My idea is kinda like a screen/storm door catch spring..... if the idea works and you market it, I hope you can sleep okay at night with your self concence! :D

I think this should keep the cable from getting too much slack and "biting on itself" and binding up.... like I had last year. I would think something likr this could replace the "dog bone" link that comes factory on a Pure Popo plow system.

·
Registered
434 Posts
the further you move your hook back on your plow the more weight it has to lift to get your plow up the more you move it forward the less weight because of leverage think of if your useing a shovel if both your hands are close together its very hard to lift if your hands are spread far apart its easy same goes for your plow one hand being where it connects to the frame other being the winch hook
i appoligize if thats not the part you didnt understand i think the only efficient way would be what i stated above by mounting a snatch block pully unless you wanted to completely remount your winch

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the further you move your hook back on your plow the more weight it has to lift to get your plow up the more you move it forward the less weight because of leverage think of if your useing a shovel if both your hands are close together its very hard to lift if your hands are spread far apart its easy same goes for your plow one hand being where it connects to the frame other being the winch hook
i appoligize if thats not the part you didnt understand i think the only efficient way would be what i stated above by mounting a snatch block pully unless you wanted to completely remount your winch
Ya I get that. I was not wanting to move the hook back just was looking to get a more upward pull on the plow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts