Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for winches this past month and have found that if I wanted to get an aftermarket winch I would have to do some wiring and install a switch box (as in Screw to frame) I don't want to do that. I have looked at the Regular Polaris winches but I did the check fit and none of them fit to look at all winches that fit none come up they have the same exact hole spots for tensioning it down I don't know why it won't fit help!

·
Premium Member
10,629 Posts
You just need a winch mount for your particular machine. Any ATV winch up to 3500lbs will fit. You will have to wire any winch you install on your 400. There are power wires from the battery to the front side of the radiator to power the winch contactor (switch box) as you call it. The rest of the wiring is straight forward. Someone here can help, you can do a search on here as there are LOTS of threads on this subject, or you can YouTube it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I mounted my contactor & remote module inside the front storage box to try and keep em out of the weather a little better. Worked out pretty good.
The wiring is not that bad, instructions come with the winch. I was able to install mine no problem & had never done one before.
Here's a link to a good winch mount: https://www.kfiproducts.com/polaris-current-sportsman-and-scrambler-winch-mount.html
Plenty of different brand winches to choose from too.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts