Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about cutting to grill piece that goes around the winch . Was wondering what is the best way to do it ? And is there a certain pattern to go by ? Thanks for any help . Oh , I have 2009 Sportsman 500 with a Warn winch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Winch cover

If you look at the back of the grill you will see a faint outline of a template you can cut out to use as a winch cover. Just score the lines with a utility knife and cut it out with a jigsaw. Use a file to smooth the edges and you are done.Good luck! Frank :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got it cut out, the outline on the back wasn't quite right ,but it worked out !
Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Well I got it cut out, the outline on the back wasn't quite right ,but it worked out !
Thanks

hate to tell you this now greg but you can buy them with the hole already made from polaris for around 10 bucks,

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'd read on here that they had them on ebay , but hey I just saved $10 bucks !!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yea I'd read on here that they had them on ebay , but hey I just saved $10 bucks !!!
thats a good thing with the way things are going in this economy :aaa:

·
Registered
421 Posts
the oem polaris ones wont work. i cut mine out. then after looking at the oem polaris cut out ones they wont work as the polaris brand winches sit to the left more than the warns. my warn sits almost dead center. like gregv92c dose. speaking of witch i forgot to sent the template to someone. i still need to scan it. totaly forgot......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts