Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on a winch choice for my 2013 sportsman 500 ho....suggestions? I'm a dealer for warn but I'm curious also about KFI? What are your thoughts?
I'm also trying to make a choice on tires and size and whether or not to do a lift kit of some kind I don't plan on seeing much deep mud so I don't need to go crazy but I still want them!!!! Lol

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I have bear claw HTR on my 2013 400HO and I love them. Just put a new front set on my 6x6 also. They fit big for original size.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
When I look at a winch I look for something that is completely sealed so that it will not get any water in it if submerged. You can not go wrong with a Warn, never owned a KFI though. As far as the lift goes, I put lifts on all my atv's, but I don't recommend it unless you actually need it. If you do decide to get a lift, get one with arched a-arms, and make sure to get some gorilla axles with it.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Lost cause, if we're to go with a 2inch should I still change a arms and axles?
Yes you will need to change the axles with any lift. The stock axles just do not hold up. You do not have to change the a-arms if you don't want to. It is just a suggestion, as the arch gives you a little more ground clearance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
im sure aftermarket axles will wear better but they are not a must have.Really depends on the riding style and tire/wheel combo weight.i know many that never had a problem with 2in lift on stock axles.just sayin..lol

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
im sure aftermarket axles will wear better but they are not a must have.Really depends on the riding style and tire/wheel combo weight.i know many that never had a problem with 2in lift on stock axles.just sayin..lol
Agreed^^^. If your riding style consists of blacktop, no 4x4, and driving like an old lady, then yes your stock axles may hold up. But, what would be the purpose of lifting it then? If you want to use your atv, and save money in the long run, sell your stock axles before they are broke, and get some aftermarket ones. Now, depending on your riding style and tire weight, you can decide which axles to get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go with some 26" Sedona Ripsaws! They have a 1 1/8 tread depth but still ride very smooth. You can get a set of 4 for $420ish free shipping. I have an Xtreme Bad Ass Winch of ebay.

Front Tires - 26 x 9R 12 Sedona Rip Saw R T Front Tire RS269R12 | eBay

Back Tires - 26 x 10R 12 Sedona Rip Saw R T Rear Tire RS2610R12 | eBay

Winch - 3500lb ATV Winch Polaris Sportsman 2011 14 400 500 570 800 | eBay
Thanks for the suggestions, im getting these tires and winch ...question does xtreme winch bolt up just like the Polaris one, no wire cutting etc.?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts