Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at putting a Superwinch LT3000 on my new 570 that I'm picking up tomorrow. I've been looking at what bracket I need to mount this but superwinch site doesn't list the 2014 models. Anybody have ideas?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So bought the superwinch lt3000atv and the kfi mount. Couple of questions. Everything I can see about the 2013 sportsman 500 is it came prewired with power cables at the front end for winch hookup. I don't see anything on my 570. is this because they moved the battery up to the front of the 570? the other thing i am curious about is this breaker/fuse that superwinch sends with their winch. I don't want that thing flopping around in the wheeler frame. Its all metal and the install instructions say to tape it up so it won't contact any metal. pretty chintzy to me. I've read some places say to just leave it out. its a parrellel fuse with two 50amp fuse/breakers on it. Can i replace this with a more wheeler friendly single fuse and what amp would it have to be 100?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
U don't need that breaker in there but I installed it on mine. Make sure it doesn't contact metal though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
50 Posts
We just installed that winch on my cousins bike yesterday. We wrapped fuses with the stretchy rubber tape then a layer of electrical tape and zipped tied it out of the way.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can also do something funky and creative, like slicing a tennis ball and stuffing them inside and sealing with silicone as long as you can find place to hide and zip tie it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So bought the superwinch lt3000atv and the kfi mount. Couple of questions. Everything I can see about the 2013 sportsman 500 is it came prewired with power cables at the front end for winch hookup. I don't see anything on my 570. is this because they moved the battery up to the front of the 570? the other thing i am curious about is this breaker/fuse that superwinch sends with their winch. I don't want that thing flopping around in the wheeler frame. Its all metal and the install instructions say to tape it up so it won't contact any metal. pretty chintzy to me. I've read some places say to just leave it out. its a parrellel fuse with two 50amp fuse/breakers on it. Can i replace this with a more wheeler friendly single fuse and what amp would it have to be 100?
I agree. Cheesy is more like it. I used power distribution standoffs to mount those breakers but I didn't like the large exposed battery hot area.
I replaced that with a 100 amp Switch Duty Marine Weatherproof Circuit breaker through the left rear fender next to the battery. I can power down the winch wiring when it's parked without pulling the seat or a bunch of plastics. The threads on the studs are covered by rubber caps.
The 570 has a different battery location but this is what I did on my 500. Hopefully it gives you some ideas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so was your 570 prewired for a winch or not? Im thinking its not cus i got mine apart and do not see any wires. I guess i can hook it up to that extra spot on the BUS under the front storage compartment?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine wasn't. Just used the wiring that I got with my Warn winch

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not prewired...i just wired straight to the battery from my selenoid....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lighting on 570

I have a 570, and think the lights on low are great. I want to know if there is a way to have both the low and bright lights on at the same time so you could see far out but still see holes and obstacles up close.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I have a 570, and think the lights on low are great. I want to know if there is a way to have both the low and bright lights on at the same time so you could see far out but still see holes and obstacles up close.
Use the search function and search for the three light mod

1 - 20 of 28 Posts