Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so I bought a 3500lbs Superwinch and have the winch mounted up. Now looking for a location for the solenoid. Anyone know where the factory is mounting these? Looks like the 850's had them mounted on the top aluminum arm above the control arm but on the 1000 this arm is different, and shorter. Also, do you know where they are taping in the red wire from the handlebar control. Is there an open spade plug to connect to?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
850s are usually on the aluminum radiator support up high. 1000 would be the same I would think. Should be a couple orange wires in headlight pod to connect to.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ignition switched power is usually orange with a white tracer stripe.
There should be a couple loose ignition power wires for additional accessory hookup in/under the pod or in the fuse box area.

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I was able to find the switched 12V (the spade is right next to the negative battery terminal). But I still can't find a suitable location for the solenoid. I made a bracket to mount it on the radiator support (front of the radiator) but the grill wont fit properly back on with it there so I'm looking for a better location. May put it connected to the top shock mount but looks like a wet place.
Also, the relay kind of scares me. Looks like a lot of energized bare metal and posts. I would think this would be coated with plastic or something. If something metal touches it I would think some spark would fly.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I brush them over completely with liquid electrical tape to protect the terminals from corrosion and water. Easy to remove when needed for service too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You can get flexible battery cable boots for this.
My superwinch came with a few in the box. I used em at the motor and contactor hookups. I also sprayed the connections and contactor with Wurth HHS 2000 to keep the water out.

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up mounting the solenoid under the right fender, I believe the holes I used are the factory solenoid holes. I used an angled bracket I found from Home Depot and put some bends in it to fit correctly.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah had to cut it :( but it's not noticeable with the bumper on.

·
Registered
483 Posts
How did you get that to mount I just got the 1000 scrambler and can't find a place for the Solenoid ? Did you make a bracket or just drill out and mount thanks any help would be great full

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got a 90 degree metal bracket from Home Depot and put some bends in it. Then mounted it to the factory holes on the arm.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks I did the same thing yesterday . Tryed to ge it under the front rack but really no place to put it . Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts