Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
so I just recently purchased a Smittybilt XRC3.0 comp winch for my sportsman 800 and also the KFI mount that was assured it would fit by the dealer, well long story short the thing does not fit!!:rippedhand:. I checked the bolt pattern which is the same (supposedly) but no fit. And i cant seem to find amount that fits onto a Smittybilt, also smittybilt doesn't make a mount. any suggestions (other then buying a new winch lol) or ideas?

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok from KFI says there bolt pattern for the mount is

Standard ATV Winch 4-hole bolt pattern of 3.00" X 4.875"

Smitty Built Says mounting bolt pattern:

4.9" x 3.0" (4 bolt) (125 mm x 76.5 mm

So unless they rotated there bolt pattern then your off by 1/8 of an inch and i would just open two holes up a bit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just got done drilling new holes in the KFI mount works fine now. just wish that when I ask some one about there product they would be more insightful instead of just saying "yea it will work" oh well nature of the beast i guess. thanks for your ideas guys.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If it is anything like the kfi mount for my 08 sportsman 800 you should have turned it around. (What you and i would call "upside down" ) I had a hell of a time with mine until somebody over on snowandmud informed me. Thankfully i had the time/nerve to wait for some answers, i didnt have to drill holes.

Sent while not working too hard

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even think about doing that, I just have this weird disease that when I have an opportunity to use a power tool I have too hahaha

·
Registered
274 Posts
My XT2500 is mounted upside down I used the top bolt pattern. our mount is the same one, So im guessing if what I read on the smittybuilt site is that the wench bolt pattern is different by 1/8"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts